Day 9 Post Surgical Update

Rean_Day
on 4/10/13 11:51 pm
RNY on 04/03/13

I am feeling so great today. My effort to have a "chill" day yesterday didn't work, but I will keep a low profile today.

My BMs have regulated a bit. No longer crazy urges and immediacy (which is so nice) but more "regular" schedule. Of course...liquid in...well I'm sure you know the rest. But it is not bad.

I drove to the mall yesterday to get my eyebrows waxed (it was like a furry caterpillar was crawling across my forehead) was ssssoooo nice. It is the first time I got out of the house and it felt great. I probably pushed myself a little too much, but I felt great, so I did it.

Last night I went to my first support group meeting. That was fantastic. I absolutely recommend going to support group. It's not the mushy, weepy meeting I thought it was going to be. It was a great place to compare notes and get great tips. I love my online forum, but there is something to be said for being face to face with someone who had the surgery 6 years ago and still looks fantastic.

That said, I really pushed myself yesterday and I was feeling it at the end of the day. Mostly at my incision points on the lower part of my stomach. I think it is because of the wiggilyness of my belly that those hurt. I'm planning to take it easy today and see how it works.

I still have no hunger issues, but I find it easy to forget to drink, because I'm not thirsty either. Got all my liquid in though, no issues.

If anyone has any questions I can answer, please post them in the comments. I hope this is helping others, I know it is helpful for me.

Rean

Highest Weight: 344

Surgery Weight: 330

RNY surgery on April 3, 2013.  

linda221
on 4/11/13 9:10 am

Reading your post  and those like yours really is helping me. My revision from band to bypass is scheduled for next Wednesday, April 17 and I'm scared to death. All I keep hearing are horror stories and my family is worried about me too. My doctor is the best and I trust him totally....I just afraid of complications down the road. Any advice?

Linda        

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 306 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 225 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?