I got home from the hospital yesterday

Have2laugh
on 4/14/13 8:04 am - Cheektowaga, NY

I tried to drink some skim milk and my pouch said NOOOO.  So today I have just had chicken broth and water. I am going to try two tblsps of protein shake I think but I am nervous. I am already having bad gas all day and I am afraid of making it worse. Yes, I am walking.

Andrea

Andrea Durlak Buffalo NY surgery date April 11 2013 highest weight 278 pre surgery weight 276

Cary R.
on 4/14/13 8:37 am - Hialeah, FL
RNY on 04/09/13

Hi Andrea you are on full liquids already? I'm on day 5 and just started my full liquids. I had soy milk and it did NOT agree with my tummy either. good luck on your journey!

5"1  Follow my weightloss journey! www.thenewcary.wordpress.com   

Have2laugh
on 4/14/13 8:39 am - Cheektowaga, NY

My doctor told me that I could try it. 

Andrea Durlak Buffalo NY surgery date April 11 2013 highest weight 278 pre surgery weight 276

Tiggybeep
on 4/14/13 8:41 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

Welcome home!  Lactose intolerances seem to be not uncommon with the bypass.  Good luck with the protein shake - important to get protein in, and the gas will do what the gas will do.  Congrats on making it through the surgery!

Momma1991
on 4/14/13 9:19 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

i am surprised you are drinking skim milk right after surgery! i had surgery on 4/8 and i am on an all clear liquids die****er, Jello, Isopure, Broth, SF Icepops, Ice Chips. I have to do this for 2 weeks or until doctor informs me i can change to a full liquids diet. I thnk you should leave the skim milk alone and stay with clear liquids.

Have2laugh
on 4/14/13 9:28 am - Cheektowaga, NY

Is the isopure where you are getting your protein?

mercedes66693
on 4/14/13 10:15 pm

My doctor had told me to use milk with my protein shakes also I could only use soy milk that was lactose free.

But I did much better with the Nectar Fuzzy Navel shake.  I put 8 ounces of water in a mixer with 1 scoop of the protein which is 23 grams and was able to get it down and not have issues.  I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and been drinking that for the most part now I go with 12 ounces of water and 1 to 2 scoops of protein per serving just because I'm having a pit of an issue with some of the mushy foods. 

I also have the chocolate truffle that I drink with the soy milk no problems so far.

good luck to you

Shelley227
on 4/15/13 12:49 am - NY
RNY on 04/22/13

good luck and keep trying to get the shake in - protein protein protein, you know. My surgery is next week Monday, 8am.

Are you from Cheektowaga? I live in Amherst

Have2laugh
on 4/15/13 1:48 am - Cheektowaga, NY

Yes I am in Cheektowaga and had my surgery at Sisters.

Shelley227
on 4/16/13 4:48 am - NY
RNY on 04/22/13

My surgery is at Sisters also. I am 5 days into my Liver diet and am thinking of all the food I should have had before, LOL! When you can't have something, that's when you want it! I am not hungry so I guess the protein shakes are working. I am sooooo looking forward to the surgery to be over and am starting to work on the phases of diets.

How is it going for you? Did you go laparoscopic? How is your pain level? are you still on full liquids? I am looking forward to something other that protein shake, like yogurt or soups.

Shelley

Most Active