5 weeks post- up and gaining wtf

yary500
on 4/17/13 3:48 pm
RNY on 03/14/13
Ok so im 5 weeks post op i had lost 15 pounds after surgery in d liquid diet haven't lost berely anything and to top it off i weighted myself and in 3 pounds more than i was 3 days ago. Whats goin on?
honestlinzel
on 4/17/13 8:59 pm - CA
You should contact your nutritionist and see what you are doing wrong.

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

poet_kelly
on 4/17/13 9:41 pm - OH

Seriously?  She's not doing anything wrong.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AprilM1969
on 4/18/13 4:21 am - OH

Haha you're much nicer than what I was thinking...

honestlinzel
on 4/18/13 3:32 pm - CA
On April 18, 2013 at 4:41 AM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

Seriously?  She's not doing anything wrong.

EEK what I said came off the wrong way. Got to love posting on here when you are on OxyCodone!

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

poet_kelly
on 4/17/13 9:42 pm - OH

To gain three pounds, you'd have to eat more than 10,000 additional calories than what you burned.  I doubt you ate that much!  You might be retaining water, though, or, you might need to poop.  Sounds like you might save yourself some stress by staying off the scare for a while.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

straberryz
on 4/17/13 9:48 pm, edited 4/18/13 4:46 am - Ottawa, Canada
You're not doing anything wrong!!!!! I'm about 2 months post op and I went thru the same thing, actually for three weeks the scale just went up a few lbs and sat there....was very frustrating . I'm losing now. And at a steady rate too. Put the scale away for a week or two. Geez that first comment was ignorant .

REF: October 3 '11 INFO SES: Dec 2 '11 NP :  June 13 '12 US: July 31'12 NUT/SW: August 1 '12 PSYCH: Sept 6 '12 MRI: Oct 3 '12 SURG CLASS: Nov 28 '12 MEET THE SURG JAN 28 '13 SURGERY FEB 20 '13

TXKashmir
on 4/17/13 9:54 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

Yary, you are NOT doing anything wrong! Your weight will fluctuate slightly no matter wha****er weight, menstrual bloating, and other things will reflect on the scale. Keep following your program, and you will be fine. Don't panic - it's normal!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Lori F.
on 4/17/13 10:08 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

You are so not doing anything wrong!  I always go up before I lose!  Maybe you are just gearing up for another big loss?  

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

michelle M.
on 4/17/13 10:17 pm - oakdale, PA
RNY on 01/17/13

I did the same thing.  You will start to lose weight again.  Don't listen to anyone that says you are doing something wrong.  Listen to the veterans they know what they are talking about.  Like Poet Kelly said...You couldn't have possibly eaten that much.  :)  After being only 3 months out I have finally come to realize that this is a process, maybe slower than we want, but a process.   The weight loss will happen.

Most Active
Recent Topics