So confused

ialdridge
on 4/18/13 7:37 pm - Humble, TX
RNY on 04/08/13
Ok I had my surgery on 4/8 and I know I shouldn't be getting on the scale and worrying about what it says however I have and now I am confused. Day of surgery I weighed 265 last weekend I weighed 257 then on Monday I weighed 258 and have stayed there all week. I am so tired all the time. First week after surgery I had no pain what so ever. This week seems to be different. Pouches is tender after I eat. I hadn't had a bm since last Thursday so Wednesday I took some MOM and have had no problem going all the time the past two days. I am still on full liquids however I saw my dr on Monday and he said I could start puréed foods but I am too afraid that its too soon. I was suppose to be on full liquids for two weeks. I walk 30 minutes everyday and try to get in at least 45g of protein but my taste buds drastically changed after surgery and everything taste yucky now but I force myself to drink the protein. I know I need to up my water intake as that is my big problem. I just stay so full.

Sorry for the ramble but I am just so confused on the weightloss. I didn't have the surgery for a quick fix or to loose the weight overnight but I didn't think I would gain either lol. Maybe I am the freak of nature that this surgery won't work on.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comH.W. 312   S.W. 275.  C.W 231 RNY on 04/08/13

honestlinzel
on 4/18/13 7:52 pm - CA
On April 19, 2013 at 2:37 AM Pacific Time, ialdridge wrote:
Ok I had my surgery on 4/8 and I know I shouldn't be getting on the scale and worrying about what it says however I have and now I am confused. Day of surgery I weighed 265 last weekend I weighed 257 then on Monday I weighed 258 and have stayed there all week. I am so tired all the time. First week after surgery I had no pain what so ever. This week seems to be different. Pouches is tender after I eat. I hadn't had a bm since last Thursday so Wednesday I took some MOM and have had no problem going all the time the past two days. I am still on full liquids however I saw my dr on Monday and he said I could start puréed foods but I am too afraid that its too soon. I was suppose to be on full liquids for two weeks. I walk 30 minutes everyday and try to get in at least 45g of protein but my taste buds drastically changed after surgery and everything taste yucky now but I force myself to drink the protein. I know I need to up my water intake as that is my big problem. I just stay so full.

Sorry for the ramble but I am just so confused on the weightloss. I didn't have the surgery for a quick fix or to loose the weight overnight but I didn't think I would gain either lol. Maybe I am the freak of nature that this surgery won't work on.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I had my surgery 4 days after you! I think the scale is your/our enemy right now. I really try not to weigh myself. In all honesty, you are probably losing inches instead. Try not to weigh yourself with the scale for an entire week. Then when you do it, make sure it's first thing in the morning. This is when your weight is the lowest/most normal because you just woke up and your body has processed everything. Throughout the day you gain from water and whatever you eat as well as stool.

It will be ok! I am basically full ALL the time. I have to force myself to drink liquids and have soup that I blend until it is a milk consistency. I can barely get in protein shakes at this point. Just focus on the water and slowly work your way up to the right protein amount. I found ISOPURE cold drinks at The Vitamin Shoppe. I got the grape one and it reminds me of Gatorade.

Oh I cannot have ANYTHING cold. So much pain.

You can do this

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

ialdridge
on 4/18/13 8:07 pm - Humble, TX
RNY on 04/08/13
Thanks! I tried the isopure grape. Didn't like it after surgery. Pre op I loved it lol.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comH.W. 312   S.W. 275.  C.W 231 RNY on 04/08/13

honestlinzel
on 4/18/13 8:10 pm - CA
On April 19, 2013 at 3:07 AM Pacific Time, ialdridge wrote:
Thanks! I tried the isopure grape. Didn't like it after surgery. Pre op I loved it lol.
At first take after surgery I didn't like it, the more I drank it I liked it. Funny, grape is what I chose too. Haha

Oh. As far as water. Go buy the mini bottles. They are 8oz. For some reason, in my head it is so much easier to drink this tiny bottle rather than sip on a big bottle or a glass of water. Don't ask me why, it just works for me hahah

ialdridge
on 4/18/13 8:15 pm - Humble, TX
RNY on 04/08/13
I did the something with the small bottles. The 8oz is so much easier to carry around and I feel like I am actually drinking something instead of the huge 16oz that seems to take forever lol. Crazy huh?

honestlinzel
on 4/18/13 9:00 pm - CA
On April 19, 2013 at 3:15 AM Pacific Time, ialdridge wrote:
I did the something with the small bottles. The 8oz is so much easier to carry around and I feel like I am actually drinking something instead of the huge 16oz that seems to take forever lol. Crazy huh?
Hahah we are so similar

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/18/13 8:53 pm

What are you confused about? ..you know you shouldn't be getting on the scale and worrying about what it says, you did and it's up.

It's ONE pound not 20. Your weight can fluctuate several pounds in a day.

ialdridge
on 4/18/13 9:14 pm - Humble, TX
RNY on 04/08/13
Lol yea I know just go ahead and beat me with a wet noodle

Kat1313
on 4/18/13 11:48 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

ToNewBeginnings:  Maybe you can't remember what it was like to be so early out, or maybe you were the one WLS patient who never felt unsure or had questions or doubts.  But the rest of us are just human and that's what this forum is for - to ask questions, express our fears/doubts/concerns - and receive support and encouragement.  Your response to the OP was just a little curt, unnecessarily so IMO.

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/19/13 12:49 am

Your sarcasm is noted.

I do tend to be short and concise and I know I come across as rude, many times because I am being sarcastic myself.

Everyone has a different style. Now see, when I read your response I want to gag. It's like, " It's o.k. honey, mommy will kiss your boo boo, mommy sometimes has an owie too" -Blech. 

When I'm worried about something that's kind of silly I prefer someone to say,..." o.k. Yvonne, give your head a shake".

-That's my style. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 127 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views