ONE YEAR photo

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/18/13 8:51 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12

I added a new current picture of myself after my first surgiversary

My doctor thought I was my daughter when he glanced out in the waiting room, of course he realized his mistake as soon as I got in his office , but still it was nice.

I am not sure how to share the pic so unfortunately you will have to go to my pics and look.

Honestly , I never thought it would happen , but so grateful that it did !!!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Kat1313
on 4/18/13 9:15 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

What a pretty pic!  You look awesome!  Congrats!

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/13 9:30 am
RNY on 04/18/12

You look great!  Congratulations!

JaneJetson60
on 4/18/13 9:43 am
RNY on 05/07/12

NO FRIKKING WAY!!!!!  I cannot believe this is you!  You don't even look like the same person!   I was so glad to see you back on here the other day and if you had used that as your avatar picture, I would would have NEVER known it was you!   You look incredibly  pretty and young!  This is what I love about these surgeries.  You rocked this surgery!  angry    Jane

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/18/13 1:05 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12

JJ,

NICE to see you too !!! this is a picture of me wearing a wig that my friend sells,

I DID NOT loose any hair from RNY  surgery OR from hip replacement 10 weeks ago , although a patch was missing from the front after hip...don't ask me what goes on in there !!! I know it wasn't good, my groin and butt muscle still is very sore and the muscle down my thigh is totally numb. I will be having knee replacement in a month or so..AM NOT looking forward to it but don't have a choice , then have to have the other one done. Docs have no clue why all of this is happening , it is not from RNY as it all started before last year

I told my husband that we need to save money for my 60th birthday I want a lifestyle lift of my neck !! although I have been using coconut oil and it is very effective, I ingest it, cook with it and use it on my skin  , lots better than the 80$ lotions.

I have gotten kind of hooked on wigs , I have always had thin hair and my scalp shows , so it is fun to have hair, of all colors :)

HOW ARE YOU DOING ?????

Band 2005
Bypass 4/4/2012

JaneJetson60
on 4/18/13 1:58 pm, edited 4/18/13 2:01 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

Hey Donna, aren't wigs great? I would have never guessed it was a wig.  I love the colors in it and the style and the way it's cut. It looks awesome.   Love wearing my wigs too! Yes, never a bad hair day now!!!  Have worn them for 15 years straight but wore them off and on throughout my life.  I HAVE to have my hips done too, Donna.  I am not looking forward to it, but like you said we don't have a choice.  How has your PT gone?  My doctor said I would hate him the first 3 months because he said it's not going to be easy but after 6 months I will feel totally different.  Sigh....... You must be doing pretty damn good with recovery being as you are having your knee done already!  Anyway, keep in touch.  Really, really glad to see you!  kiss  Jane

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/19/13 2:24 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12

Jane,

I had in home PT once a week for 4 weeks , then my PT guy said he really didn't think I needed other PT , in home was through my insurance and I paid nothing , if I go to PT I have a $30 co-pay, so I didn't go. the actual hip joint feels good , the groin hurts and rump a bit. The main thing I need to do is walk and because of my knees I can't do that !!

I have to say IT WAS BAD but I used a sheet wrapped around my knee and lifted my knee to walk in my walker ( old fashioned kind at first then the one with the seat on it after about 1-1/2 week ) I had it done anterior , that is supposed to be easier, doc said at my 1 week appointment that I could "do anything" , I could drive home if I wanted to...my daughter and I looked at him like he had two heads!!! my PT guy called the office to make sure that was true and it was. with anterior , I can cross my legs and bed forward just fine.

I WILL have to go to PT for my knees , I know that , it will be tough, will have to take the money out of savings :(.

I needed help for 2 weeks after that I was on my own , with husband finishing dinners and making bed and doing grocery shopping.

I am still not totally stable , went to acupuncture , then post office , then Wal-Mart to grocery shop and FELL when I was putting the groceries in the car....geesh

You will need a "grabber" and a TALL shower seat and believe me a commode was handy , when I didn't need it right by my bed I used it over the toilet until jut a couple of weeks ago , it was higher ( even though we have handicapped toilets ) and a wider seat.

Be VERY careful of constipation , that was worse than RNY.

We need to exchange phone #'s so we can talk, there is so much more to all of it !!......are you on FB??

When is your surgery??? and what type are you having????

Band 2005
Bypass 4/4/2012

OH2012
on 4/18/13 9:51 am - OH

Most Excellent!!!

Prov. 3:5,6

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/18/13 10:05 am
You look lovely! Congrats and rock on!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Dee.spunk
on 4/18/13 10:40 am - Sacramento, CA
Wow! You look incredible! You're not even the same person! Wow, wow, wow!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 429 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 510 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 492 views