OT-Today's Bible Verse

Kenny B.
on 4/22/13 7:07 pm - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12

But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

– Isaiah 43:1-2 (NIV)

Today’s commentary
by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

Notice that Isaiah states “when”, not “if” you go through trials. The waters will not sweep us away, the fire will not burn us, because God is with us. Jesus took the fire of God’s wrath upon the cross; He took the flood of God’s judgment. If the Christ took that for us, why do we doubt that He will not be with us as we face situations that seem insurmountable?

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 310 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 84 views