I Think I Can!

PaintingJoy
on 4/25/13 11:00 am - GA
RNY on 05/20/13

3 weeks ago, I began searching for a surgeon after learning that my insurance will cover WLS.  Today, I completed the last of the requirements so that paperwork can be submitted to insurance.  Had I been able to afford it; I would have had the surgery 15 years ago. 

Never dreamed I would get PCP exams, 2 psych evals, upper GI, the required support group meeting and have Clearance letters this quickly.  I've been afraid to hope I could get approved, even though I meet all the requirements. 

Tonight, I think I finally believe I will get approved and have a date within a couple of weeks (according to a co-worker who had VS a week ago ~ insurance approves quickly.)  I'm not sure how I feel ~ scared, excited, it's kind of a roller coaster.....

At first, I thought I would go with the Sleeve; but after talking with people I trust, one of whom is a LPC, I believe I'm going to go with the RNY.  So, here goes!  Tomorrow I call the surgeon's office to ask if they will get the paperwork sent off to insurance company. 

Thanks to all of you who post here; your stories and comments help tremendously!

SaraJane38
on 4/25/13 11:16 am

Sending Best Wishes for a Quick approval and scheduled date.  That is record setting time so far!  Please start now if you have not already done so -as far as  changing your eating habits.  My Nut recommended setting a timer to remind myself not to eat to fast and to eat on a smaller plate with smaller utensils.  These little tricks make the after care and recovery go a little bit smoother.

Also if you are not exercising Start immediately!!  Your doctor will be happy you did.

Congrats on making it thus far!!

Member Services
on 4/25/13 12:31 pm - Irvine, CA

Congratulations and best wishes on your journey.  

We hope you continue to share your story with us.

Karen R.
on 4/25/13 3:15 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Of course you can! 

That's amazing about everything coming together so smoothly for you (knock on wood).  I totally sympathize with the roller coaster feel.  I started my process in October (actually last summer, if you count all the investigating of doctors and services).  Then, 15 days ago, I got a call saying, "Why aren't you at the hospital registering?  Your surgery is this Sunday and you need to check in on Saturday." (No one at the hospital had called to alert me to that fact).  So basically I had one full day to pull everything in order.  Madness.

I know everything will go smoothly and you'll be the happier for it.  Congratulations!  I'm really happy for you.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Kat1313
on 4/25/13 7:36 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

That is an amazingly short time to get thru all the requirements!  Best wishes for a successful, safe surgery and speedy recovery!  Do let us know how things go.

glad2balive
on 4/25/13 10:08 pm

I pray everything goes smoothly!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

PaintingJoy
on 4/26/13 10:13 am - GA
RNY on 05/20/13

Thank you for all the encouragement!  This forum is awesome in how everyone is supportive of each other.  We only have 2 meetings per month at the group I will be going to f2f so I'm sure I'll be on this site a lot. 

Dr. Johnson's patient advocate called me this morning to say she would be submitting the paperwork to insurance company today.  We should hear from them in 5-7 days.  I would love to have the surgery in May, but we'll see how it goes.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 285 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 217 views