First time trying coffee?

lumina99
on 4/26/13 12:12 am - ME

When was the first time trying coffee again after surgery? I don`t want to go crazy, but I wouldn`t mind one cup in the morning once in a while again....

Laura A.

dahoodman
on 4/26/13 12:20 am, edited 4/26/13 12:35 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell my doctor but I tried a big ole cup yesterday from Panera Bread. MMMMmmmmm it was good too. I am 4 weeks and a couple days out. I drank a pretty big cup of it and no issues. I have been drinking decaf for about a week now. I don't know when I will have my next cup. I just couldn't resist since we had some at work for a meeting and I didn't have to pay for it.

Added: Oh and I drink mine black.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Tiggybeep
on 4/26/13 12:21 am
RNY on 04/02/13 with

Every surgeon's office has a different answer.  At two-ish weeks out mine gave me permission for one cup a day, so long as I was getting in my fluids.  I've only had half a cup on two different occasions so far, but wow was that helpful.  My doc's office did warn me not to make the coffee be filled with all sorts of kcal - I do skim milk + splenda, and they were totally fine with that.  A frappachino on the other hand... ;)

MrsLitch
on 4/26/13 1:15 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

What does your plan say?

Mine said decaf until 6 mo. and then one caffeinated drink a day at 6 mo.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Kat1313
on 4/26/13 1:26 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I actually had a cup of coffee (heaven!) in the hospital - the evening of the second day, after I'd successfully kept down water, broth, jello, etc.........begged the nurse and she was an angel, even brewed it fresh for me.  Couldn't drink much but it was wonderful.  Since then have had a cup every morning but find that I can't drink the whole cup, and sadly, my tastes seem to have changed and I just don't enjoy it like I used to.  Makes me sad - coffee was my "go to" drink, just loved and enjoyed it so much which is hard to say for something that has no calories, fat, sugar etc.

cajungirl
on 4/26/13 1:31 am

I was allowed decaf in the hospital.  I started drinking full lead about 3 months out.....I seriously love my coffee and admit I do drink too much of it now.  Ask your surgeon, he/she may allow you to have decaf now.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Neen L.
on 4/26/13 1:40 am - Arlington, VA

It was about 3 months for me. I only know that because we went to Italy and I was NOT missing out on Italian coffee.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Adrianne_Dawn
on 4/26/13 2:03 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12

I think I had coffee fairly early out and not decaf. I drink about 2 cups a day at work with sugar free creamer.  I just have to make sure to take my prilosec so my tummy doesn't get mad at me. :)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/26/13 2:07 am - OH

Coffee was one of VERY few things that bothered me post-op.  It made my pouch burn a bit.  I am not a big coffee drinker, so it wasn't a big deal to not have it for quite a while.  Once I tried it again later, it was fine.  If you decide to try it, as with ALL new things post-op, try a small amount first.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

LadyLilMax
on 4/26/13 9:51 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

2 months out and I have one a day in the morning.  I make it cafe au lait ... half skim or almond milk and a splenda.  I love my coffee.  Decaf never sat well with me.  My hubby cannot taste the difference between decaf and caf but I swear, I can, LOL.  So it is caf for me and no problems so far. 

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?