When were you able to really do a workout?

mercedes66693
on 4/26/13 1:26 am

So I'll be a month out tomorrow haven't done much for excercise.  I walk a mile on my lunch and then I try and get at least two more in after work.  The problem is I still don't have any energy ok this past week I got a little back walked my miles and made dinner before I crashed at about 7:30.  I want to start working out though, I see the flab and extra skin hanging already and it's bothering me I want to try and tone I'm just so tired.  I get up at 5 every morning go to work get home about 4:30 or so do my walk and cook dinner and clean whatever I can, then I'm done for the night.

Anyone have any suggestions?

MrsLitch
on 4/26/13 2:05 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I wasn't able to go to the gym until 5 mo out when my calorie level would support that type of working out without putting me in starvation mode. I worked out maybe 2 weeks got a hernia and had to stop until after the surgery (6 mo) and healing. Went back to doing yoga and dance style work outs at home at 8 mo out.

I did walk on the treadmill or in the neighborhood prior to the gym and I did spend the summer swimming in the lake on the weekends. I was too tired after work to do much more than just a walk around the neighborhood most days.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

angeleigh
on 4/26/13 6:02 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

At 4 weeks out i was doing light weights, like 5 pounds, and Yoga along with my cardio. At 6 weeks when I was given the all clear I started doing spinning, not in a class but just going in and spin for 10 min to start, I worked up to 45 mins.Spin bikes are different then the cardio ones. Now I do 1.5 miles every afternoon, and every day after my run I do light yoga, just stretching. One weekends I am doing 5 mile hike. Some days If the weather isnt nice enough to get out and run, I do weights or a video workout.

Just start with little things, like over head press with 5 pounds in each hand. bicep curls, over head extensions, squats, wall sits, lunges.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 208 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 276 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 208 views