LOSERS BENCH

bdubs
on 4/29/13 3:58 pm

Yeah! Its official I am on the losers bench. Had gastric bypass this morning at 730. No real pain. Its just more like pressure where my drain tubes are. Had a panic/asthma attack in recovery that was scarey. Then they coudnt get an IV in me so after 2 hours of trying and no pain killers the anesthesiologist finally put a port in my juggular.

Tiggybeep
on 4/29/13 4:03 pm
RNY on 04/02/13 with

Yikes scary, what a way to welcome you to the other side!  Hope things settle down for you here on out.

ready2be140
on 4/29/13 5:23 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12

Panic attack are no fun - i had a mild one during recovery when they were trying to get my pain situated-but couldnt imagine no pain medicine for 2 hours - sorry that you had to go through that-but i am hoping that is the worst of all of your experience and that you will have smooth recovery from this point forward.  i honestly had very little issues once i was released from the hospital-and they let me go home the very next day.   So i hope you will have the same experience.    Welcome to the losers bench-glad you have joined us!  Good luck to you on your journey! 

honestlinzel
on 4/29/13 7:50 pm - CA
On April 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM Pacific Time, bdubs wrote:

Yeah! Its official I am on the losers bench. Had gastric bypass this morning at 730. No real pain. Its just more like pressure where my drain tubes are. Had a panic/asthma attack in recovery that was scarey. Then they coudnt get an IV in me so after 2 hours of trying and no pain killers the anesthesiologist finally put a port in my juggular.

I asked my doctor about getting a port in my throat, and he told me that it would only be done under an emergency. :( I am sorry you had to get one. My drain sucked so much! It was leaking ALL OVER and it did not feel good. I had an IV in each hand, and on my 2nd day all of my veins were collapsed. BOO!!

I am glad you are doing good with the pain though. Press the button a lot!

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

dahoodman
on 4/29/13 9:17 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

IV in the neck!!! I just threw up in my mouth a little bit! devil

Oh I hate IVs. I had a few of them while I was in the hospital, but if they had told me they were going to put one in my neck I think I would have checked myself out of there.  Luckily all my IVs were in the same arm, but they tortured the other arm with all the blood draws they were doing. I was having a few issues apparently because I needed a transfusion.

Glad you are doing well. Like HonestLinzel said, keep pushing that button!

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics