I cant eat :/

Katie Rouleau
on 4/29/13 1:32 pm - Lake Bluff, IL

Everything i put in my mouth makes me want to vomit. I just don't know what to do im on the pureed/soft food diet and nothing is working for me. Im literally so stressed out im in tears. 

Any Advice please :)

kikidoll
on 4/29/13 1:42 pm - MA
RNY on 03/20/13
Are you using any kind of antiacid? Like Pepcid? When I was earlier out, I would get nauseous at the idea of foods but usually eating or drinking a protein shake actually helped.

Age: 26  Height: 5'11  Highest Weight: 278  Goal: 160  Surgeon: Dr. Rebecca Shore

honestlinzel
on 4/29/13 1:47 pm - CA

What have you actually tried? What is it about the food that makes you nauseous ?

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

Katie Rouleau
on 4/29/13 1:58 pm - Lake Bluff, IL

ive tried, greek yogurt,low fat yogurt, all cheeses, refried beans, an assortment of blended soups, chicken salad, 10 different kinds of protein shakes.. im just out of ideas. As soon as i eat like a bite or two i feel like thorwing up.. plus the smell of the protein shakes makes my stomach churn :(

honestlinzel
on 4/29/13 8:02 pm - CA
On April 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM Pacific Time, Katie Rouleau wrote:

ive tried, greek yogurt,low fat yogurt, all cheeses, refried beans, an assortment of blended soups, chicken salad, 10 different kinds of protein shakes.. im just out of ideas. As soon as i eat like a bite or two i feel like thorwing up.. plus the smell of the protein shakes makes my stomach churn :(

You could have a stricture, call your doctor in the morning and explain. It is better to check now, rather than later.

also, as for food (in case you do not have a stricture), you make be lactose intolerant so stop trying dairy!, you may also not be able to handle chicken(I cannot at all!), protein shakes always suck and I too cannot deal with them.

Go back and try jello, try some sugar free popsicles, try some jacked up soup (a can of soup, strained. YUM), I would say to try a scrambled egg but I am not sure if that bothers people who are lactose intolerant. I also tried some watermelon because it is mostly water. With watermelon, eat VERY little because it is high in sugar. Chew it well, and see how that goes. (just a bite!)

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

Kat1313
on 4/29/13 5:00 pm, edited 4/29/13 5:01 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Could you possibly have a stricture?  I'd call my surgeon's office in the morning and tell them what's been happening.

Re the protein shakes - I had a horrible time with them.  Every single one of them (and I tried many different brands and flavors) just made me gag.  Absolutely could not stand the smell or taste or aftertaste of them and would feel nauseated after forcing them down.  I finally in desperation changed to Carnation Sugar Free Instant Breakfast mixed with skim milk.  Not the greatest, but with the milk had about 14-15 grams of protein which was more than I was getting from the disgusting protein drinks.  I did have to add a little SF chocolate syrup to make them a little better tasting.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Kathy

karenp8
on 4/29/13 8:41 pm - Brighton, IL

A suggestion for the protein drinks if the smell bothers you it helps to put in a container with a lid so you can't smell it.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views