4 weeks post op - what a difference a day makes

ShadowHR
on 5/2/13 8:13 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

Today is the 1st day since getting home from the hospital that I have not suffered with nausea all day, I am thankful!  I was starting to worry if I could survive much longer, it was just like being pregnant again, tired and sick all the time!  

I even felt like I had more energy today, most likely the fact I was able to eat & keep down food today.

thank s for all the support!

susan

Surgery Weight 245

molly3613
on 5/2/13 8:19 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
I do remember that first week. I felt so weak and listless and kept napping ... So tired. But when I was able to eat just soft foods I felt to much better. Just a little food goes a long way. That liquid and full liquid stage is so hard. Hang on and it gets better .... Slowly but better.

FattytoHottie
on 5/2/13 10:57 am - Bellevue, OH

It is true that even one day makes a world of difference. However, don't feel discouraged if you take a step back the following day, it happens often on the road to recovery. Eventually though you start to get used to your new body. Also, if your nausea gets really bad, just tell your doctor and he will prescribe anti-nausea meds for you! Feel better!

mussit64
on 5/2/13 4:34 pm - Panama City , FL
RNY on 04/18/13

Glad you are feeling better...

glad2balive
on 5/3/13 1:21 am

Happy you are feeling better. As time goes by, it does get easier. Just follow your plan-sip fluids, drink protein, exercise & take vitamins. Good luck!  

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 193 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 115 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?