P28-yea or nay

AnchorsAweigh
on 5/6/13 12:50 am

Has anyone tried P28 breads and if so, what are your thoughts? I never heard if it before and I'm curious.

chris_ruff
on 5/6/13 1:49 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

never personally had it but know those that love it. i don't get it. its bread with a protein blend in it. um...why should bread be high in protein? *****ally needs it? aren't there naturally occurring protein sources available? i don't know. i just don't believe in the bandwagon that thinks that protein should be infused into everything we eat. 

i should add that i'm a whole foods advocate. i think its healthier to eat things in the form that nature has provided them. when i eat bread, i eat ezekiel sprouted grain and i try to avoid flour altogether. i'm no expert, just my two cents. 

--Christina
LadyLilMax
on 5/6/13 6:11 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Christina

I have been eyeing the Ezekiel sprouted grain breads.  So they work ok for WLS people?  I like the stats on them and every once in a while I would love a slice of toast so maybe this would work?

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

chris_ruff
on 5/6/13 7:07 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

I'm 4 yrs out and do eat a moderate amount of whole grains (not at every meal). I think ezekiel tastes great and its about as whole grain as bread can get. i usually eat it toasted (its very chewy un-toasted) with almond butter for breakfast. i limit my portion to one slice.

--Christina
LadyLilMax
on 5/6/13 7:08 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Thank you ma'am.  I am going to get some!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/6/13 7:17 am - OH

I didn't care too much for the taste (but it wasn't horrible) and it was MUCH too heavy for me (toasted or not, it felt like a rock in my pouch, and I can eat almost anything).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics