Shower about did me in

semitchell1972
on 5/11/13 2:58 am
I took the first shower since surgery and it about did me in. It took all the strength I had. Had a bad stinging pain in my left side. I kniw this too will pass.
Justcallmesuz
on 5/11/13 3:01 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I get the bad stinging on my right side. Feel better!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

JanicesJourney
on 5/11/13 3:12 am
RNY on 04/29/13

I am 1-1/2 weeks post-op and was shocked at how drained I was after a simple shower.  It gets better.  Yesterday's shower didn't "do my in" like the previous ones.  I am just trying to be patient, knowing that this will pass with time.

molly3613
on 5/11/13 3:14 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
Right after my surgery the shower was a huge accomplishment. For several weeks I took the shower, washed face and hair and body, got out of the shower and went straight to the bedroom and flopped down on the bed.....wet hair and body and all. I would lie there panting and waiting for my heart to slow down and the shakes to go away. It took about 15 minutes before I could get up and go back to the bathroom and dry off, moisturizer and dry my hair. At 3 months out it is much better but I still have a relapse now and then. I had no pain though. I guess that was good.

gabbie3275
on 5/11/13 3:14 am

i am 11 days out and just starting to feel "ok". still pain on my left side,but every day gets easier! hang in there :)

MichelleNC
on 5/11/13 7:33 am
I had that too in the beginning the shower waited until my husband got home from work in case I needed his help. It drained me to wash myself and my hair. It did get better and I am showering in the am when I wake up haha!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

PrincessBelle
on 5/11/13 7:40 am
I needed my partner's help with showering for weeks! Perfectly normal. This too shall pass!

RNY 3/11/13. 

carmonallen
on 5/11/13 8:13 am
RNY on 04/29/13

Yes, this will pass. I had a wicked infection after surgery and was still able to shower with my husband's help.  I still need him every now and again. It has been 12 days since my surgery.  Keep hope alive!

heatheebell
on 5/11/13 10:57 am

I'm so glad you posted this because I thought something was wrong with me.  I took a shower the day after I got home and I thought I was going to faint.  I made it through, slowly, then got back in bed afterwards.  I can't believe that it took that much energy for me to get showered!

Misty Morgan
on 5/11/13 4:25 pm - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
I am 2.5 weeks post op and still having problems while showering. Takes everything out of me and from reaching everywhere it makes my left side hurt. I have been taking mine in the evenings after pain meds. And my husband stands by because a few times I have been so sore and weak after I needed him to help me out of the shower. It has gotten easier easy time though.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 354 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 452 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 440 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views