Am I doing something wrong?

Melissa Nicely
on 5/11/13 9:03 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

I had my surgery on the 6th of this month. I am only taking my pain meds every 8 to 12 hours, I have been out and about a lot, going shopping, took my kids to the horse park for 8 hours this morning. Other then the drain that I have and some soreness in my left side it doesn't even feel like I have had surgery. I haven't had any problems getting my water in, normally 80oz  or more a day. I drink 2 protein shakes a day and some strained cream of something soup or 1/2 a container of low carb yogurt. Is this normal? I hear so many people that are having problems in the first few weeks, I didn't want to be doing something wrong in the first week.

Brenda S.
on 5/11/13 9:12 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
No! You're doing GREAT!! After my first 3 days, I never had trouble either. Hardly any pain. No problems with shakes or water. Keep it up and be thankful. Happy losing!!!

jazilang
on 5/11/13 9:16 am

It is actually nice to hear that some one is doing so great with WLS .

Great job keep up the great work.

Sara O.
on 5/11/13 9:17 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

You should definitely consider yourself lucky. I had pneumonia my first week postop so  I had to spend it in the hospital. Despite your good luck, don't over do it. Make sure to take it easy. If you over exert yourself it will suck.

poet_kelly
on 5/11/13 9:24 am - OH

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong to me.  Sounds like you're doing great.  Are you following your surgeon's plan?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

semitchell1972
on 5/11/13 9:29 am
I had surgery the same day. I am tired but the only pain that I am having is where the hernia repair was done. Sounds like you are doing great.
Melissa Nicely
on 5/11/13 9:30 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

Yeah, I am taking my vitamins, getting in my protein and water. I am not taking my pain pills as often as it says to, but I hate feeling drugged. I haven't cheated on my diet plan, just eat what is recommended for me at this stage in the amount that I am allowed right now. It still amazes me that I get full on just a few bites of something, still trying to come to terms with that.

Justcallmesuz
on 5/11/13 9:41 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I had surgery the 8th. Had my first shake post op and it was fine. Getting all my water in and went shopping today too . I just have pain on my right side. It's not as bad with the girdle on.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

shedevilbecca
on 5/11/13 10:01 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13
Its definitely nice to hear the good side. Most people don't post if things are OK. Glad to see tour doing well! Thank you for sharing.

hall_oatesjunkie
on 5/11/13 10:22 am - FL
RNY on 05/06/13

I also had mine on the 6th. You are doing great! I am not so much!! In so much pain on my left side. Cant even get 16oz of liquids in.. So WTG

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics