Claritin D

Erika P.
on 5/8/13 1:06 pm - Birch Run, MI

What was the reason again why we shouldn't do extended release medicines? It's that time of year here in MI and I take regular Claritin every morning...but is it going to hurt me taking the ER Claritin D?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/8/13 1:47 pm - OH

We can take them, but we probably won't absorb all of it.  The problem is that with our shortened intestinal tract, the extended release meds can pass through before we absorb all of it.  How much doesn't get absorbed varies by person and by medicine.  With something like Claritin it isn't as much of an issue as with prescription meds like anti-depressants where dosage is important.

No, it won't hurt you to take the Claritin, but you might find that it isn't quite as effective (doesn't last as long).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Erika P.
on 5/9/13 5:51 am - Birch Run, MI

Ok, so it won't hurt me...just not last as long. Thanks Lora :)

martitalinda
on 5/9/13 3:36 am

With the pollen count the other day I would not have survived without my Claritin or my Zyrtec ... I take them all the time this time of the year  ... I was in my yard over the weekend and not even for long before environmental allergie**** full force ... two mornings ago driving to work I could SEE the pollen ... got to work my eyes were almost swollen shut and my entire face itch compounded with horrible and sudden congestion I had to go diving into my pocketbook for my antihistamine drops STAT.  I have never had any problems with taking Claritin and/or other antihistamines 6 years and 3 months postop.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 7 views
Recent Topics