EDG or is it EGD--WHATEVER !

mpjones
on 5/16/13 8:53 am

Well I had the upper GI today (was suppose to have it last month but because of the horrible death of my niece it was postponed)--anyhow found out my stoma was about 1/4 th the size it should be. I'm 7 months out and am still eating only a couple of tablespoons of food at each meal, throwing up several times a week even strictly following all the rules--chew chew chew, usually 45-60 minutes per meal,no drinking 30 minutes after a meal, etc. The doctor said he stretched the opening but he thought it would take probably another 2 stretches to really take care of the problem. He also took a biopsy but I was kinda of drowsy while I was  talking to him so I didn't ask what that was for--will call his office tomorrow to get more information about that. At least I know I wasn't nuts when I told DH there just wasn't room for all he thought I should be eating--I don't think he could believe I could be so full after eating just a couple of tablespoons and I didn't want to eat for 4-6 hours after each meal. 

Melissa Nicely
on 5/16/13 9:01 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

Sorry you are having so many problems. The biopsy is normally done so they can check to see if you have the H Pylorus virus in your pouch, if you do then you get 2 strong antibiotics and previced for 10 days.

mpjones
on 5/16/13 9:11 am

Well my goodness-thank you so much for the information !!  enlightened

Most Active
Recent Topics