severe back and stomach pain...help

Robin R.
on 5/20/13 5:00 pm - PA
RNY on 10/12/12

My pain moves when i move..... i've noticed it's better now that i'm sitting up or walking. it will travel from side to side, stomach to back, and even makes me nauseated. i cannot lie down. this pain woke me up in the middle of the night at 130. it's 3 now and im finally starting not to hurt, but again, i'm sitting up and i've found that this helps. i rolled around in bed forever tho just trying to make it subside a little. it was sooooo bad. i've never felt anything like it. googled for answers and it could be a whole bunch of stomach stuff like an ulcer or gastritis... or gallstones (which i know is a bigger possibility because of RNY)... or i'm pregnant (which is not impossible, but extremely unlikely). i don't like any of these results... i just want some tylenol and to be able to go back to bed. i figured i'd ask on here if anyone has had anything like this before. i've never had such a severe pain, let alone a pain that transfers from my lower/mid back to my abdomen and then sides all depending on how im laying.... this is very bizarre to me.

JJ_
on 5/20/13 7:43 pm

As far as you are from surgery, you need to see your PCP or if necessary the visit the ER.  Pain is a signal from your body to not ignore a situation. 

Judy

khammesf03
on 5/20/13 8:48 pm - Chardon, OH

I had a bowel obstruction caused by adhesions and it doesn't show up on a ct scan. The pain was just all over my belly.  My ulcer burns when it hurts. Definitely should follow up with doctor because either can be life threatening. 

brenlee1965
on 5/20/13 11:32 pm - New Berlin, NY
Could be many things....Could be gas that's moving around....Could be you've pulled something (I did that soon after my surgery and the pain was worse than pain from the surgery)....But to be safe.....call the doctor. Drink lots of fluids, if it's constipation, fluids will help. Wishing you "pain-free" asap.
 Bren                
Most Active
Recent Topics