Fistula? Been having pain since October of last year.

Caryn W.
on 5/29/13 9:26 am - Las Vegas, NV

So i haven't been on in a long time. I been having some issues. Background...I live in Vegas, surgery was in San Diego, Ca.   I been having on going pain for a long time on my LEFT side. I went to my local doctor or referred me to our local gastro doctor who did an Endo in Oct. I called my surgeon just in case...who I found out was deployed. (Out of the country as he is Military) Left word with the NP and she returned my call...faxed all my results to her.  But...my local doc said it was IBS...this is a constant pain on my left side under my ribcage. (Fistula?) My weight loss has been stalled for a long time..but I am not gaining weight.   Then...just recently i was admitted into ER for what some thought was gallstones...sure enough it was. I was discharged and sent home with Lortab. 

As anyone had a fistula and can you please tell me the PAIN that comes with it...if there is any?  As I am having LEFT sided pain. But now...I am also having a gnawing pain on the right side due to GALLSTONES!    I can not see my surgeon until Late JUNE. :( So...I am basically living on protein shakes to avoid having a gallbladder attack!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/29/13 9:33 am

ouch. GB issue is not fun... Been there.  Small meals helped me.  And ginger tea, warm ginger tea.. 

Don't knwo much about fistula... if that is ulcerated or inflamed - that may cause pain.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MrsLitch
on 5/29/13 3:24 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Since you have gall stones and have had an attack causing you to go to the ER see if you can get a surgeon to remove it. When he goes in have him look around on the left side. What you described is exactly what happened to me after spending 5 weeks looking like a drug seeker on lortab to control the left side pain they had to take my gall bladder out (cuz I asked them to after an attack and confirmed stones) and lo and behold my left side right under my rib cage was full of scar tissue that was wrapped around my intestines (not causing a blockage) however the binding of them and the "knot" of scar tissue under my rib cage were the issue. They cleaned me out when they were in there and I'm feeling much better!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 148 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics