Failed Initial Stress Test :( HELP!!!

GSFan
on 6/3/13 9:04 am
Ok, so I went this morning for the required cardiac clearance. He did an EKG and ordered a stress test (treadmill). I didnt make it - could only last 2.5 minutes at that rate of speed and incline.
So they did another type of stress test - can't remember what they called it, but they put medicine in my IV that caused dilation in my heart, sent me to eat lunch, and when I came back, they put me under a machine that took the images of my heart.
I have to go back in the morning for part two of the test.
Anyone else have this test and did the fact that you could not do the treadmill stress test keep you from obtaining the required cardiac clearance? I am so bummed about being so overweight and out of shape I couldn't stay on the treadmill any longer than 2.5 minutes.
angeleigh
on 6/3/13 9:31 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

The second one:

Dobutamine or Adenosine Stress Test: This test is used in people who are unable to exercise. A drug is given to make the heart respond as if the person were exercising. This way the doctor can still determine how the heart responds to stress, but no exercise is required.

I did both, but that is because I had a heart condition. Now I dont have any issues with my heart. I also had to do a tilt table test, Holter monitor for a week to see what my heart was doing on a normal day to day. For me it just put an extra step in what I had to do for the cardiologist. It did not stop me from having RNY. Now  I think it was good to have because if I start to get dizzy spells they can do a new stress test and compare them.

I think for my treadmill I did 4 mins before I started to pass out. My heart rate was over 200, heck it was over 150 resting.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

GSFan
on 6/3/13 9:48 am
Thanks, Shannon!
ginabob
on 6/3/13 12:13 pm
RNY on 06/12/12

Because of my back I couldn't do the treadmill. I did the other kind. It was no big deal! :)

Good luck to you!

-G

BWB
on 6/3/13 12:32 pm

When I found out that I was going to have to have a stress test I started exercising and managed to work up to the required time. I wasn't in great shape for the test but i made it through.  I considered it to be to my benefit that I had so many tests.  My PCP would never of ordered that many tests and now I know that my heart is clean and clear and for a family with heart problems it is a great weight off my mind.

VintageChick
on 6/3/13 12:41 pm
Mine was on an upright bike. Itty-bitty seat. Then I get to going and she notices after about 10 hours (well it seemed like 10 hours anyway.... probably just a couple of minutes) that some electronic recording thingamajig wasn't working. She fixed it but by then I was done in!

Few days later I did a lexiscan IV test - similar to yours. No big deal. Good luck!
honestlinzel
on 6/3/13 5:44 pm - CA

I never had to do a stress test

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?