Eating Questions!

mercedes66693
on 6/5/13 2:20 am

Ok so I had revision from lap band to RNY 9 weeks ago today.  The revision actually was approved pretty quickly and I only had to meet with the Nut twice once before surgery and once after.  So i'm a little confused on some of the reactions I'm having to some food and I guess what I should actually be eating at this point.

Sometime when I eat not sure if I'm eating to quickly or what but I'll eat and a few minutes later some of it is coming back up.  Not all at once it's almost like a chunky burp (I know TMI) that's the only way I can explain it. 

I've been getting in my protein usually have chicken which sometimes is ok and other times its not tried making sauteed peppers, onion, mushrooms and chicken sausage real soft that didn't work well last night. 

Just looking to see if this happens to other people or if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong.

my typical day is 2 ounces of deli chicken breast with 2 tables spoons of hummus for breakfast

lunch is more or less the same as breakfast usually 3 ounces

snack i do 28 almonds

dinner usually some protein then a veggie

As you can see i'm having issues with variety eating is not exciting for me i think because I don't know how I'll feel after i eat.  Also I'm having a hard time with I'm not hungry and then all of a sudden I'll get famished and I think that's when I eat to fast. 
But hey i'm just *****ing and looking for a little advice

Thanks for listening!

animal02
on 6/5/13 3:11 am

You may be eating a little too fast or bites to big.   Slow down,  use small silverware and try and put your fork or spoon down between bites and don't pick it up until your mouth is empty.   Don't forget to chew...chew...chew.      Also do three small meals and a snack between each one.  Don't let yourself get so hungry you eat to fast.    I know that you know all of this, but give it a try and see if it works for you.   Good Luck.

SoCaPinkLady
on 6/5/13 3:12 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Sounds like the foamies to me.  They are not fun at all.  I'd slow down a little bit and chew a bit more.

It gets easier in time.

Lori                               

Jennifer D.
on 6/5/13 5:26 am - Wareham, MA
RNY on 06/15/12

YAY, you lost the band :)

I find myself (almost a year out) doing better with moist things, just like I did with the band.  Greek yogurt, protein pudding, etc let me get my protein in.  I go for ground meat when I have it, and have to eat slowly and make sure it's moist.  I make many recipes that have lots of flavor with tofu or TVP, which solves my texture problem.  I'm sure speed also contributes, but you know that already enlightened

Band #1... 2006 Band #2 (revision) 2008 RNY 6/15/12 (revision).    Third time is the charm!  7/30/13 BL/TT/Thigh Lipo.  THE END!!!

Jenn D.
on 6/6/13 3:55 am - CT
RNY on 01/29/13
I stll struggle with variety in my meals. I am 4 months out and I tend to stick to what I know are safe too, only occasionally trying new foods.
I try foods at home, of course, so it's safe to have a bad reaction....and it has happened a few time to date!
Plus, and I don't know if this is a general rule, but for me, everyday is a different adventure with my pouch! I can eat the same thing I tolerated just fine yesterday, and end up on the toilet doing one thing or another today! She is a moody ***** I tell ya!
As far as the vurps go...luckily, I have not had them yet (but I have vomited, and I burp all the friggin time!) so no advise except to maybe try slowing down? It does not look like you are eating too much food, but who knows!
Good luck to you and hang in there!
Jenn

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 208 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 277 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics