Does anyone know if......(another vitamin question)

abrannume
on 6/5/13 10:31 pm - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

...there is a multivitamin in either liquid or pill form that only has to be taken once a day?

Megan S.
on 6/5/13 10:44 pm - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 03/07/13

I don't believe so. I take Bariatric Advantage and I have to take even 2 of those a day.

I'm sure Kelly will be able to tell you though.

~Megan

poet_kelly
on 6/5/13 11:40 pm, edited 6/5/13 11:40 pm - OH

Well, Opurity Chewables say they only need to be taken once a day.  Or you could take Centrum that you swallow and take two at once.

Whether or not we can absorb that  much of everything at once is a question, though.

Can I ask why it's important to just take it once a day?  Since we have to take calcium three or four times a day, why is it hard to just take a second multi with one of those doses of calcium?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

abrannume
on 6/6/13 10:02 pm - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

I didn't think we could take the multi with the calcium, so I have been spacing out the dosages and with taking the calcium 4 times a day also just seems like i'm taking vits all day long (and sometimes I forget to take them).  I just thought taking a quick shot of a liquid multi in the morning would be easy.

JanicesJourney
on 6/6/13 8:13 am
RNY on 04/29/13

I just ordered bariatric liquid multivitamins from wellesse.com.  I am not sure how often you have to take it, but my Bariatric Advantage chewable vitamins are very constipating, so I am going to try the liquid.  They should be delivered in a few days.  They also sold liquid calcium citrate and liquid vitamin D.  Says these products are also available at Pathmark and Rite Aid, but I didn't feel like going on a wild goose chase, so I ordered them on-line.

kisersassy
on 6/6/13 9:59 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12
Can we take our multi with our calcium?
Grim_Traveller
on 6/7/13 12:22 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You can take your multi with calcium, it's just the iron you cannot take with calcium. So, if you get your iron from your multi, don't take the calcium with it. If you take your iron separate, take it at least two hours apart from calcium.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

abrannume
on 6/7/13 12:27 am - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

Yes, I get my iron from my multi.  I don't have to take a supplement for iron.

Most Active
Recent Topics