How do you sooth your grouchy pouch?

shedevilbecca
on 6/13/13 9:19 am - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

My little pouch has been grouchy all day! Even if it is jus****er I sip it gets little cramps. Warm liquids is better than cold or room temp but its still achy.I had a little cottage cheese for lunch and it did not cause any problems. I was wondering what you do to sooth your tummy if it decides to be grumpy one day. This is the first time this has happened. I am getting behind on fluids and I know that is not safe. Thank you for any advice.  

PetHairMagnet
on 6/13/13 9:51 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Still early enough where you are to be pumping in the fluids. Try some warm broth.

When something does not sit right with me, I chew 4 papaya enzyme tablets from Vitamin Shoppe, but I am sure you could find them just about anywhere except Target. They looked at me strangely and then said the fruit was in the grocery area. Ay yi yi!

Drink! And feel better! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

angeleigh
on 6/13/13 10:23 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I do warm decaf ginger tea. Or even warm SF hot cocoa. Not sure how far out you are but popsicles work well to help get fluids in.

For me, at 9 months post op if I have those days I stick to protein shake, and even just plan saltine crackers. My whole family got a stomach bug just after mothers day and I had to drink a lot of powerade and only could eat crackers and some chicken broth.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

JaneJetson60
on 6/13/13 10:53 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Signing on board for RNY does not give us the luxury to choose slacking off on liquids. .  We know up front, so it's really important to drink even though it is difficult in the beginning. You can eat popsicles, broth, sf jello, anything that has liquids counts. I don't know when you had surgery or what your program is post-op but liquids is universal with all the surgeries.  You don't want to end up back in the hospital.  Good luck.   Jane

shedevilbecca
on 6/13/13 2:06 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Thanks for the replies. I am two weeks out today. I know getting behind on liquids is bad so I have been working on it all day. When I went back and added it up I got in about 70 ounces in today so I am not as far behind a I thought. Once I got home from work I also had a few sugar free popsicles. i am feeling a little better now. Thanks for the tips.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 511 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 583 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 305 views
Recent Topics