Mood Changes anyone???

Miss-Bumblebee
on 6/23/13 11:11 pm

So, I have family that had RNY and close family to them informed me that each one that had the surgery had a period of real moodiness and changes to their normal happy self.

Things have really been bothering me lately and my mom pointed it out to me this am that maybe this could be from lack of something after surgery.  I'm a little over 3 months out - and doing great.  I'm losing weight and have been feeling good.  Labs all came back good too, I just am at my whits end and have NO patience what so ever - I don't mean it but I can't help it.

Has anyone else noticed a change in themselves?  If so how long did it last?

I have bad anxiety and I do take medication for the anxiety - but that doesn't really seem to be helping much either.

Any comments appreciated. 

Thanks

Highest Weight: 216.8  Starting Weight:209.4

poet_kelly
on 6/23/13 11:14 pm - OH

Rapid weight loss makes your hormones all out of whack.  That's probably what it is.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/23/13 11:26 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I did have about 8-10 days of crabby behavior. My husband had several weeks of exceptionally crabby behavior.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Justcallmesuz
on 6/23/13 11:28 pm
RNY on 05/08/13

Week 4 I was miserable, and not so nice because of it. I think it's very normal.

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

vamicurn
on 6/24/13 3:47 am

I became quite unbearable because of low vitamin D levels.  Be sure you take the dry vitamin D.  Hope this helps.

Lisa

exohexoh
on 6/24/13 4:31 am - West Chester, PA
I honestly don't remember after my rny, but I had a tummy tuck 2 1/2 weeks ago and I'm crazy moody. Your body went through major surgery and is throwing your hormones out of whack. It's totally normal

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Urbanlamb
on 6/24/13 4:33 am - Canada

It's at this point that exercising regularly will be a real benefit.

When you exercise, endorphins are released, and that helps you to have a better outlook on things.

Plus...kicking arse out of a punching bag is very therapeutic.  *lol*

Referral Oct 2012~Orientation May 31/13 at Ottawa Civic~Dr.Dent assessment July 16~Nutritionist and Behaviorist Sept 17~ Ultrasound Oct 17~Second appointment with Nutritionist and Behaviorist Nov 6~Approval for RNY!!~BLADDER CANCER DISCOVERED~Currently undergoing treatment for cancer, plans switched from RNY to sleeve...~GOT DATE FOR SURGERY...AUGUST 18th, 2014 with Dr. Yelle*....February 7/17...2.5 years post up and doing great. Starting process for OHIP funded panniculectomy...

zlynnc
on 6/24/13 5:45 am - BEAUFORT, NC

My doctor informed my husband that I would be moody after surgery for sometime while I lost weight.  And to expect it and not try to figure me out.  He said that females store hormones in our fat cells and when we lose rapidly there is no where for them to go but dumped into our blood stream.  It does level out after awhile.

Beginning weight: 284  
Surgery weight: 251
Current weight: 149

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 281 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views