Post Gall Bladder Removal - Hurts to Drink Water??

Bama_Wifey
on 6/26/13 2:05 am - AL

Good Morning.  I am almost 2 years post gastric bypass.  I had emergency surgery to remove my gall bladder almost 2 weeks ago.  They also found and repaired an internal hernia, and discovered stones from my LIVER lodged in my bile ducts.  My surgeon said he THOUGHT he got them all but couldn't be sure.  (I have a follow-up appt in 2 days). I have not had any problems with food - as I eat healthy anyway.  However, yesterday, I started hurting again, not nearly as severe as the day of the gall bladder attack, but now it hurts to drink ANYTHING.  I only drink water, Spark and occasional decaf tea. ( I am an AdvoCare distributor and I love the products, which help me maintain my weight loss.  I add a package of Spark every morning to my water - filled with vitamins/amino acids - NOT like red bull, monster, etc.  This is an energy/mental focus drink which only enough caffeine equivalent to a cup of coffee and provides me with great "feel-good" energy).  I can understand plain water hurting, because I experienced that directly after gastric bypass surgery.  But now I cant drink anything without pain.  Anybody else experienced this? 

HW: 337  -  Beginning 6 mo pre-op diet: 319 - Consult: 251  -  SW:238     CW: 154    -  GW: 160  (LOST 81 lbs during 6 mo pre-op diet)
SURGERY DATE: 10/10/2011    
PetHairMagnet
on 6/26/13 5:33 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Sorry-no advice, but wanted to give you hugs! I'd be talking to my surgeon if I were in your situation.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SarahLee1969
on 6/26/13 7:40 am - NY
I would be calling my doc right away. If you are having pain with drinking anything you are likely to get dehydrated quickly... especially with the heat of summer. Pain with food or fluid is not normal post gallbladder removal.
I had my GB out years before my RNY, but never had any pain, other than the expected gas/bloating/surgical incision pain.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views