2nd EGD to dialate stricture

Mal
on 7/6/13 2:40 am

Please pray that it worked this time.  Sure doesn't feel like it :(  I'm hoping its just swollen in there since I had the procedure done yesterday.  I tried eating too soon and got sick.  Back onto just liquids for me for another day or two.  My poor tummy is so sore.  It feels like it gets too full and it doesn't go anywhere once I drink/eat.   I'm calling my own Gastroenterologist on Monday to get him to see me and do the 3rd one they want me to have in three weeks.  URGH! 

For those of you who don't know, I had my RNY 3 years ago and I had a bad fall (on May 10th) and perferated my bowel.  When they repaired it, because of where I fell on my abdomen, they had to re-do my RNY and now I've got a stricture on the bottom of my stomach where they connect the small intestine. 

I just want to be able to eat again!  Its been almost 2 months now.  I really don't want to have another surgery and it might come down to that.  Please keep me in your prayers!

Mallisa

Stacyjanp
on 7/6/13 2:54 am - NC
RNY on 09/30/13
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
aprilchanel
on 7/6/13 2:59 am

I will be praying for God to be in your Favor as i know he will, praying for a speedy recovery for you and that you can start back eating normally, Good Luck laugh

karenp8
on 7/6/13 6:02 am - Brighton, IL

Praying for patience for you,wisdom for your doctors and a speedy recovery.

E R.
on 7/6/13 6:46 am - Switzerland

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I pray for strength for you and hope that you do not need another op.

God Bless

RNY:  4 June 2013

Teach64
on 7/6/13 11:12 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

Sending you lots of prayers!

PetHairMagnet
on 7/6/13 11:45 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Dear God! Were you impaled on something? I cannot imagine a fall bad enough to tear up your RNY! WOW! Does that put you back to square one with liquid diet and are you on a path to losing again due to the 'refreshed' malabsorption?

Prayers that you heal well and quickly!

My brain cannot even imagine what sort of fall you had to cause such issues!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Mal
on 7/7/13 1:25 am

I don't think I'm 'refreshed' as far as malabsorbtion goes (I sure hope not!)  I am happy to say that I am eating normally again and its staying down!! whoohoo for me! 

Now hopefully I will re-gain some weight back.   I want to gain back about 15 lbs that I've lost since May 10th of this year (I weigh about 140 now from 156 and I'm 6' tall so I actually look sick now) I was in the top physical condition I've ever been in with a lot of muscle with some great definition.   I have to gain back my butt!! OMG its totally flat and gone now urgh.  At least I'm here and alive and on my way to being healthy and whole again.

Mallisa

Most Active
Recent Topics