Happy to be home

KennyBruin
on 7/6/13 10:23 am - MD

Had an open RNY at Hopkins Bayview Medical Center on July 1 and tasted freedom again on July 5. My surgeon and the hospital were both excellent, but even an excellent hospital is no place to rest.  I haven't decided about posting my starting weight and so on - suffice it to say that I have a longer road ahead of me than some others, and I am still embarrassed about how far I let myself go.  I probably won't post a lot, and most of my posts will probably contain some attempt at humor, but I finding reading the messages here has provided me with a lot of useful information.  Let's all keep up the good work!

debbie A.
on 7/6/13 10:28 am - inland empire, CA

there are some good postings on here with good answers. Some people are very knowledgeable too. keep reading it will help you.

congrats on your surgery.

Katie K.
on 7/6/13 9:26 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

^^^ What she said. Don't be worried about posting your weight. You're here now and that's what matters. I'm sure we all were embarrassed about our weight. I was mortified and now I post my weight daily on facebook. People (at least my people) don't care how much you weighed. They care that you're getting better.

StephieG1974
on 7/6/13 12:18 pm - Hampton, VA
RNY on 06/26/13

Hopkins is a wonderful hospital!  One of the best in the country, from what I understand.  I'm glad you were able to have your surgery with them.  You have a strong team there.  

Please don't be embarrassed about your numbers.  They only show what success you have made, not how bad it was in the beginning.  

Humor is a good thing too.  Laughing helps keep depression at bay. 

Stay strong!  We're all in this together.

Most Active
Recent Topics