Downsizing

Karen R.
on 7/10/13 3:26 am
RNY on 04/14/13

When I went in for surgery, I was wearing rather tight size 20 clothes.  Since then, I've lost 5" from my bust, 7" inches from my waist, and 6.5" from my hips.

Good news, right?

Absolutely!  But I'm not sure where to go from here when it comes to buying clothes (which I need to do--badly!).  I've been studying size charts, trying to figure out what size I might be now.  The only problem is...I'm misshapen.    Around my hips, I'm a size 12; around my bust, I'm a size 14; around my middle...I'm a size 18.

I'm not even sure what to do with that.  Do any of you have a strategy when it comes to buying clothes?  I could obviously look at elastic waist pants.  But aside from leggings, I'm not a fan of the look.

Does anyone have any advice?

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

poet_kelly
on 7/10/13 3:35 am - OH

I think that's a common problem as we are losing weight.  I'd just try on a few different things and see what fits the best.  I did wear a lot of elastic waist clothes while I was losing, because I could wear them longer.  I didn't want to have to buy new clothes all the time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Karen R.
on 7/10/13 4:11 am
RNY on 04/14/13

The financial side of it is another issue, isn't it?  That's why I've held off so long.  I think I've dropped a couple of sizes (at least), but I've tried to make do as long as I could.  Now though, clothes are beginning to fall off.

And don't even get me started about my bra size!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/10/13 4:53 am

Thrift stores, goodwill, Salvation army, consignment clothes.  Also Ross, TJ max, etc. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 213 views