Fluids...

gabbie3275
on 7/10/13 11:54 am

I never get all my fluids in...but I've never been dehydrated. Will this slow down my weight loss?

stay lighter!

Kat2013
on 7/10/13 12:02 pm - KY
I was talking to a coworker today about getting my water and protein in, she mentioned that the water will help flush the kidneys of the protein, which is very important, something I hadn't though of concerning my water intake.

Kathy

poet_kelly
on 7/10/13 12:08 pm - OH

Probably not, as long as you're not getting dehydrated.  However, there are many health benefits to getting adequate fluids.  According to the Mayo Clinic, the actual amount of liquid a person requires varies from person to person and depends on numerous factors, but the average woman needs 72 oz of liquid a day and the average man needs 104 oz a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/10/13 12:21 pm - OH

I have never been a big drinker, but have also never been dehydrated since surgery. No, water intake doesn't effect your weight loss (except that sometimes it help curb your appetite or cravings if your intestines are full of water).  Be aware, though, that we are more prone to kidney stones after RNY and the biggest contributor to kidney stones is not drinking enough.  Trust me, I am learning the hard way!  Do your best to get the 64 ounces in.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

gabbie3275
on 7/10/13 10:44 pm

Thanks ladies!

stay lighter!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 197 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?