I'm BAAAaaaaaack...10 month update with pics

Mendie Thompson
on 7/17/13 6:25 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

So, between running the country with my awesome husband and fighting with an almost broke down computer, I haven't been posting.  I have been reading, however, and reading a lot of great posts and seeing some awesome progress...so I haven't been totally MIA. 

Anyway, I had my 9 month checkup (at 10 months out due to some necessary appointment rescheduling for a couple of my checkups).  All of my labs came back great, my BMI is 24...my nurse said I am doing amazing and she is super proud of me

So here I am at 10 months...feeling fabulous!  The pic in the red layered top is out at the club that I go dancing at all the time.  We were celebrating a best friends birthday/divorce (the lady on the left).  That was last Saturday.  The pics in the flowered tank was Wednesday right after my checkup.

I never imagined EVER seeing myself in single digit clothes...but her I am, size 6/8.  My size has gone down, while my self confidence has gone WAY up!  My depression is all but gone, I walk with my head held high, my marriage is superb (of course that was great even before surgery)...life is grand...I would make the same decision a million times over!

I hope this finds everyone blessed and doing well...for those that are having difficulties, keep plugging along...it WILL get better...and before you know it, all of the discomfort will be a distant thing of the past!  Good luck to those headed to surgery soon!  And I promise,  will be more active in here again!

debbysjourney
on 7/17/13 6:31 am
RNY on 10/14/13

Wow, congratulations!!!  Goal reached at 10 months??  Doesn't get any better than that!  You look great!!  

Debbie  

Mendie Thompson
on 7/17/13 6:48 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

Thanks Debbie!! It's not been easy, but it HAS been rewarding.

purpleswingline
on 7/17/13 6:42 am - Fayetteville, AR
RNY on 08/26/13

You are a great success story.  What tips do you have?

Mendie Thompson
on 7/17/13 6:55 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

I sent this to you in a message, but I'll put it here too...there is alot more to it, and different for everyone, so if anyone else has tips, feel free to add them too :)

Tips: Water, water, water...follow the plan that your doctor sets up for you...stay focused...one day at a time...try not to get discouraged, everyone is different, so DON'T compare yourself or your progress to anyone else...and if you have difficulties or questions, ASK for help...people here are ready and willing to help any way they can :)

Good luck to you!

mani_heart
on 7/17/13 6:49 am
RNY on 03/18/13

Amazing - in the beginning it's so hard to imagine single digit clothing.  Way to go!

Mendie Thompson
on 7/17/13 6:58 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

Thank you :)  It really is...and I still find myself trying on 10/12's because I'll pick up an 8 and think "this is cut too small...there's NO way"...and then have to go back and get it cause the 10's were too big...lol

It really is more of a battle of the mind now than a battle of the bulge...lol

Candy V.
on 7/17/13 7:37 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

It is all in the head :)  I give my clothes to my teens sometimes in the laundry piles, cause they look to small to be mine LOL

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Mendie Thompson
on 7/17/13 10:46 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

What's even funnier to me is a few years ago I had lost quite a bit of weight and my middle daughter would raid my closet...now, she yells through the house "MOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!  Where's my (whatever she's missing at the time)?!?!"...chances are, I have it...lol

Caroline K.
on 7/17/13 7:21 am

Congratulations! You look fabulous!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 488 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 470 views