Any vegetarians or vegans??

Eva1230
on 7/29/13 3:04 am
Just curious
Eva1230
on 7/29/13 3:07 am
I'm considering a vegetarian lifestyle is why I ask!
karenp8
on 7/29/13 3:08 am - Brighton, IL

I think poet kelly is for one.

chris_ruff
on 7/29/13 3:40 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i'm not a true vegetarian or vegan, but i do aim to have 1-2 vegan or vegetarian meals per day. personally, i wanted to lighten up my food choices and reduce animal fats and proteins. i'm not 100% consistent, but its my goal.

i used to be more of the "atkins" high animal protein mindset, but i think more and more research is coming out that shows that a plant based diet is overall healthier. obviously, with WLS, modifications may be necessary to achieve optimum nutrition. that's one of the reasons i don't make every meal vegan...and also cause i love me some bacon. 

if you're interested in reading more, check out the book "VB6" by Mark Bittman, or just google him or check out the ny times online. he's written pretty extensively about it. 

--Christina
r0bynn
on 7/29/13 4:10 am - AR
RNY on 08/05/13
I'm mostly vegetarian and thought about doing this. If you're you g to make healthy changes why not make them BIG healthy changes! Lol
SteveWebb
on 7/29/13 4:34 am - NC

I might try the vegetarian route, but like the one young lady, I'm in love with BACON!  I have always said I am willing to give up many things but scrambled eggs and bacon aren't one of them.  I am willing to eat some turkey bacon to be healthier if necessary.  I wish you the best.  I guess it's just important to eat as healthy as possible.

poet_kelly
on 7/29/13 6:19 am - OH

Have you tried the Breakfast Strips from Morningstar Farms?  They are not vegan, but don't contain any  meat.  They taste a lot like bacon to me.   My 16 year old nephew loved BLT sandwiches made with them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 7/29/13 6:18 am - OH

I've been a vegetarian for about 27 years.  Or 28.  I've lost count.

I periodically think about going vegan but haven't done so yet.  I really like dairy.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nurl
on 7/29/13 6:44 am
RNY on 05/14/13
Do you have any favorite websites or books for recipes?

poet_kelly
on 7/29/13 6:56 am - OH

I mostly just take "regular" recipes and adapt them.  For instance, I found a recipe for white chicken chili and I make it with the fake chicken strips from Morningstar Farms instead of real chicken.  I like allrecipes.com for finding recipes.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 307 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views