Insure Nutrition - Insurance pays for vitamins?

jaesueray
on 8/2/13 9:50 pm
RNY on 09/04/13

I have been reading the Insure Nutrition website and was wondering-

Has anyone had their insurance pay for their supplements? The insure nutrition advertisement on this site says that they will call your insurance and Dr for information to receive approval. That once they get approval, they ship to your home at no cost.

Is this a scam or has anyone had this actually work?

Jan

poet_kelly
on 8/2/13 10:11 pm - OH

It would depend on your insurance.  Most insurance plans don't cover things that are available over the counter.  Mine doesn't.  It would pay for prescription vitamin D, if I wanted my doc to write a script for that, but since the prescription stuff is D2 which we don't absorb well, I prefer to get D3 over the counter and pay for it myself. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 8/3/13 1:27 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Insure Nutrition submitted to my insurance and my insurance policy (Aetna) does cover Protein drinks.  My surgeon refused to sign the prescription though because I am past 6 months post op (I am one year out in two weeks).  My surgeon thinks I shouldn't be using protein drinks after 6 months and should only be using food as a protein source.  I am going to try it the surgeon's way for a few weeks to see how it goes but if I can't meet my protein goals without one shake a day I will ask my PCP (per Poet Kelly's suggestion) to write a prescription for me for the protein drinks.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

jaesueray
on 8/3/13 2:35 am, edited 8/3/13 2:40 am
RNY on 09/04/13

So its worth a try, i think. and i see now that its protein drinks they seek payment for.

Jan

Candy V.
on 8/4/13 1:26 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I just went and filled out the online form.  Cant hurt to try :)

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Most Active
Recent Topics