Tomorrow is 5 weeks post-op!

glamourqueen64
on 8/5/13 11:19 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Well, right before my 2-week post-op, I have not been able to get onto this site! From anyone's computer! It kept telling me "Under Construction" then take me to a facebook page where you could only read but not write! I was so upset each time I tried to get on!

At my 2 week visit, I was down to 230. Surgery was at 233, although I had gotten up to 242 right after the surgery due to all the liquids pumped into me before leaving as well as the gas to pump up the stomach during surgery. Doctor said the 3 lbs was great cause I was a light-weight anyhow and not to get discouraged! Well, no chance of that cause I feel so great. I have not had a hard time transitioning to real food at all. I will try a new food with just two bites and then wait to see if there is any negative reaction, and so far, so good. I have found out though, the feeling of eating too fast. Just found out today, as a matter of fact. Was at work, on a 15-minute break, went to the salon and got some hair chaulk in my hair, went to the breakroom, had 10 minutes left and ate 2 ozs of tuna along with a teaspoon of applesauce. Went to the restroom, then felt the "stuck" feeling in my chest, not pain, just uncomfortable, mouth got "watery" (like before throwing up) and then I did, but odd thing was that I only threw up the applesauce. And it was just in perfect form, so I am assuming that just got stuck because no tuna came back up! It was weird, but it didn't scare me, or it didin't really hurt, just uncomfortable and after I threw up, felt fine. That is my first and only incident so far with throwing up and I know it was from eating too fast.

Well, tomorrow is 5 weeks out, and today I weighed 225. Down 8 lbs in 5 weeks. I am happy with that because I am waking up every morning with great energy to last all day! I love that feeling! The pain in my legs is almost completely gone (loving that!), and I only have 3 weeks left of protonix! I am on lortab liquid for my back and a liquid form of medication for my eye, which is life-long medication!! I just can't believe how great I feel since having this surgery! It is amazing! Some people at my job know people who have had this done and they have had lots of problems. I am so thankful that I have a great doctor, and that followed all his orders before the surgery, and I am certainly following them now (except the incident today with eating too fast!

I have recommended my surgeon to a few people who have had some serious questions, and I always say, that each person is unique, and that Dr. Lalor is a great surgeon. Besides, the hospital staff were great as well! Great to finally get back on here! Still going strong, slow, but sure! Have a great night all, and I sure have missed this forum!

Connie

HW: 275.4     SW:  233     CW:  180    GW:  150

glamourqueen64
on 8/5/13 11:21 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

P.S. the included weight did not update correctly, but should read that I have lost 50 lbs since beginning this journey in January and have about 75 more lbs to drop!

HW: 275.4     SW:  233     CW:  180    GW:  150

nakea31
on 8/5/13 11:35 am - AL
Congrats on your loss glamourqueen64
glamourqueen64
on 8/5/13 11:41 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Thank you so much!

sarah_durso
on 8/5/13 11:25 am

Congrats to you on your loss ! You'll  be at goal in no time ! By the way, what's hair chaulk ?

nakea31
on 8/5/13 11:34 am - AL
Its a way you can add color safely to your hair in vibrant colors without using peroxides
glamourqueen64
on 8/5/13 11:44 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

And it is kinda fun and washes out in one washing! Nothing harsh to your hair!!

nakea31
on 8/5/13 11:50 am - AL
I know!! I want to buy some so bad!!! I just had surgery so I promised myself to buy some when I lose 50lbs
glamourqueen64
on 8/5/13 11:42 am, edited 8/5/13 11:43 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Thank you so much and hair chaulk is just what she said above.

Teach64
on 8/6/13 1:21 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

Congrats on your success! It's amazing what this surgery brings to our lives  

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 511 views
What's on your Monday Menu?