dreamer of lighter future

Ali Shepherd
on 8/7/13 2:47 am - Smyrna, TN
Hi folks,
I have decided to do gastric bypass surgery and I have called the surgeon and got appointment for seminar on Sep, 11. can't stop dreaming of the future with 150 lb. less weight. I have been obese for about 15 years (i'm 28 lol). I feel that I made the right decision and I don't care if I lived only couple years happy after my surgery ! I really would love play with my kids like every body else and have life... thank you everybody
Marylynn579
on 8/7/13 3:33 am - Belvidere, IL
Best decision I ever made!!! Good luck to you!
KatMom
on 8/7/13 3:38 am
RNY on 07/24/12
You will do great. You made the first step, your decision to do the surgery....now ever onward to great success! I wish you best of luck!
 He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche 

hibbyangel
on 8/7/13 4:44 am - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13
Its the best decision I have ever made for myself. I don't regret it one little bit. Good luck and keep us posted!

Laccygurl
on 8/7/13 5:26 am - Paso Robles, CA
I agree with all the others. Best thing I ever did. Best wishes on your new journey.

Laurie
Teach64
on 8/7/13 6:05 am - OH
RNY on 07/01/13

Good luck to you on your journey! I agree with all the others - I'm almost 6 weeks out and have NO REGRETS:-)

April M.
on 8/7/13 11:48 am - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

Best wishes on your journey. I live in Tn also. I had my RNY on March 11. Dr. Olsen at Centennial is my surgeon. I am down almost 100 pounds at 5 months post op. I feel so much better and I would do the surgery again in a heartbeat! Congrats on making the first step. 

PetHairMagnet
on 8/7/13 8:34 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On August 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM Pacific Time, AliShaphard wrote:
Hi folks,
I have decided to do gastric bypass surgery and I have called the surgeon and got appointment for seminar on Sep, 11. can't stop dreaming of the future with 150 lb. less weight. I have been obese for about 15 years (i'm 28 lol). I feel that I made the right decision and I don't care if I lived only couple years happy after my surgery ! I really would love play with my kids like every body else and have life... thank you everybody

The thing that concerns me is your 'I don't care if I lived only couple of years happy after my surgery' comment. Are you under the impression you will only live a couple of years? There is a lady celebrating 28 years post op on this site (name escapes me) and this is a path to a LOOOOOONG and healthy life. Not a few years of health.

You are very young, make sure you are researching and understanding all the tangents of this (social, emotional, financial, nutrition, family, work/school, exercise, etc) before diving in. Excitement is good, but being fully informed is critical.

Good luck to you! I was 46 when I had my surgery earlier this year and wish I'd done this when I was 36!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 473 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 464 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 350 views