I HAVE A DATE!

Melpear
on 8/15/13 7:25 am - Lawton, OK

I HAVE MY DATE!!! SO EXCITED I PUT IN FOR A REFFERAL on july 5th It was authorized july 10th and say my surgeon on july 29th!  only did labs twice and a urine sample (today) talked to my dr today and we set a date ! SEPT 3rd!!!! I would do it sooner but he wants me to stay in a hotel a day before and 2 days after and we couldnt afford it till payday ( sept 1st ) and my husband has to put in for leave for 4 weeks because we have a 5 yr old and a 10 month old ( being miitary he has to put in for leave 2 weeks prior) I CANT EVEN TYPE CORRECLY MY HANDS ARE SHAKING! I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THIS SIMPLE!

Dorkgirl_41
on 8/15/13 8:06 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Congratulations! It's so exciting getting that date! Good luck! :)

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

Melpear
on 8/15/13 10:16 am - Lawton, OK

Yea thanks so much! I am already looking at all the stuff ill be able to fit in lol and getting all giddy! a lil more than 2 weeks and my life will be forever different and for the better!!!!!!!!

danslillady
on 8/15/13 11:20 am
Hello and congrats.

You said you are military; we are too . Did you work with Tricare South? My doctor's office said I had to do a 3 month weight loss program as per tricare eligibility requirements. What was your experience? Thank you for sharing
Melpear
on 8/15/13 11:33 am - Lawton, OK
I am mil and I do have tricaresouth. I asked my.pcm for a ref feral for it and he put it in that was it. Then I had my consultation on July 29th and then he submitted the refferal for the surgery and that was approved the same day he out it in. And then they made another appt with me and scheduled my surgery same day (today) and that was it no shrink no dieting for months no classes nothing just some labs and 1 class thru his office 2 days before surgery and that's it
Melpear
on 8/16/13 12:58 am - Lawton, OK
I hate typing.on my.phone lol. But my PC put in the referral and then it was approved he didn't give me any crap about it. Then saw the surgeon he was great and he sent referral for surgery it was approved the same day he submitted it to tricare. And then I went yesterday and set my date. That's literally all I have had to do. Not see a shrink or go to any classes or wait any months or have documentation of being fat for any length of time or have proof that I did any diets. Orr nutritional classes.I will be doing one on Aug that is done by.my.surgeon and I have to pay 93$ but that is it. Sorry u are having issues with ur doctors. My PC is on base and my surgeon is off. I don't know.if that makes a difference or not.
danslillady
on 8/16/13 5:19 am

Hi!

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate your info.  My surgeon requires both an endoscopy and psych evaluation, both of which are scheduled in mid-September.  I will have them submit to my insurance after both of those are clear regardless of the nutrition class thing and see what happens.  If they still require 3 months, then I just need to complete 2 more and resubmit.

Good luck on your surgery!

Melpear
on 8/16/13 9:29 am - Lawton, OK

oh no problem :0). and you may have more to do than I did but at least you are on track to get it! better than just being denied which happend to me in alaska (jber) tricare north has much diff hoops that you need to jump through so this has been a nice change :0). I wish you the best of luck on your journey!

jabofa
on 8/17/13 8:38 am - PA
RNY on 09/24/13

Congrats on your Date.... I pray all goes well and that you are successful on your journey.

Good Luck

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 130 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views