Day 2- help! I hope this is normal!

Ms_Silly
on 8/19/13 1:44 am
So today is my first day waking up at home and being home all day since surgery. I wanted everything to go well so I woke up, had my granulated nexium, sipped on water, about 30 minutes after all of that settled down had my first 2 ounces of protein and then my morning dose of supplements/vitamins. My stomach feels so full, I have hardly been able to sip much water down and I still haven't had any protein since the first 2 ounces this morning. I'm worried! Should I just make myself drink it anyways? What did you do? Thanks for any advice in advance
SweetLeighMI
on 8/19/13 1:50 am
I am 4 days out now. I had my RNY on 8/15. I had the same issues with protein intake yesterday, so I added double the protein to my shake cup and now it's really chalky. I say take it easy and try to reach for protein shake before all else. That's what I'm gonna try to do. I see my Dr. on Thursday, so I will see what he says too.
Ms_Silly
on 8/19/13 7:29 am
I thought about doing that but I had a feeling it would make it harder to get down. I'm just relieved that this is pretty normal. I can't believe how I don't feel hungry, that alone is amazing really
I'm just going to do my best with the numbers aspect of it and let my body adjust!
wnglrgrl241
on 8/19/13 1:55 am
RNY on 07/29/13

I'm three weeks out today and I had some issues like that.  The doctors know that you won't be able to get all your protein in right away and they don't expect you too.  If your too full and can't get it in, don't.  U'll just end up making urself sick and then lose what protein u did have in there.  Just take it easy and try to get in what you can.  I still am only doing about half daily  protein in-take in .  It's getting better, but just a slow going process!!  I also am only getting a little over half of my water in-take in as well.  The further out we get, the better we'll be.  We are just a work in process right now and need to take it slow!  Good Luck!

PetHairMagnet
on 8/19/13 2:30 am
RNY on 05/13/13

If you force too much, you can get sick, however liquids leave the pouch pretty fast, so if you are doing a minimum of 2 oz an hour, you should not be forcing too much. I felt full all the time for about a month or 6 weeks and then I got to point where I did not feel full, but don't feel hungry (actual hunger, my head tells me I am hungry though!) and I am able to stop eating one bite before 'uh oh' since about 8 weeks out. I had one 'uh-oh' bite too much and it told me enough to know I would never knowingly do that again!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 472 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 462 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views