Reactive hypoglycima 26 months post-op.

shellbell75
on 8/21/13 10:07 am
I had a very scary incident yesterday. I returned home from a business trip & 20 minutes after I returned home my husband found me unconscious on the kitchen floor face down in a huge pool of blood. He took me to the ER where I was stitched up (I guess I hit the bench in the kitchen when I went down.) And diagnosed with HG.My blood sugar was 50 when we got there. I don't remember about 20 minutes or a little more. I don't remember going down or the whole ride to the hospital. It was a very scary incident. I am so glad my husband found me because he is usually @ work during the day. My 4.5 year old identical twin girls saw the whole thing. They ended up bringing my bs up to 83 @ the hospital. I feel like I have been hit by a Mac Truck. I have a f/u with my PCP tomorrow to get a monitor. Looking forward to getting this all situated.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Mo Diggity
on 8/21/13 10:14 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Ohhh no that must've been awful !! Your girls must've been terrified :( One good thing is at least it happened while you home and not before while you were away or in the car !

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

MissK123456789
on 8/21/13 10:26 am - PA

Oh my!  I'm so sorry to hear it.  I have exercise induced hypoglycemia so I kind of understand.  I suppose you will have to obtain a glucose monitor and/or see the nutritionist.  It is a difficult transition but so worth the RNY.  Good luck to you.  If I can be any help, please let me know.

Karen

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 310 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 281 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 447 views