8 months out, off track, and ready to get back on...

robyn_fresh
on 8/20/13 12:09 am
RNY on 12/18/12

I have been kind of eating as I please, not large quantities, but definitely not the foods that I should be eating. I confess to eating a lot of snacks instead of meals. It's so much easier to grab a snack size bag of chips or cashews than cook a meal. :( I have gotten into a habit of a 3 or 4 times a week starbucks trip (I spend tons of time driving); and gotten away from the gym. 

I am not happy with my progress at 8 months out given that I started at a very heavy 414 lbs. I am down 115 lbs, and love that but I could be doing a lot better. I need to become unmotivated and get the pounds dropping again. Am I alone?

KathyS28
on 8/20/13 12:49 am - MA

I am nine mos out and struggling as well, ok on meals but too many snacks even though they are healthy snacks. It is definitely a reaction to the stress in my life. I talked to my shrink last week, his response was knock it off, you know what to do, remember why you had the surgery. ....I may need a little more help than that, just trying to figure out what I should do next. I am back on track today, just need to stay there. But know that you are not alone, and we can do this! 

illinois Gama D.
on 8/20/13 1:34 am

I like your shrink:) tough love is sometime the best kick in the ass! You did this for a reason, stop, remember and get on  with your healthy new life, I hate to see someone start to slip , you can do it COME ON!!! we are rooting for you, let us know if we can help!! Denise

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

JaneJetson60
on 8/20/13 1:59 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Wow! 

JaneJetson60
on 8/20/13 1:14 am, edited 8/20/13 1:21 am
RNY on 05/07/12

That first 5 and 6 months were the fastest when weight comes off.  It start to slow down at 9 months, then again even slower at a year. You need to ask yourself why at 8 months you have already allowed bad foods back into your program. Ask yourself why I took a risk of dying on the surgery table just to turn around and go right back to how I was eating before surgery. Remember, this surgery didn't operate on our brains and this is where all the work has to be.  Yes, right now you can eat crap and still lose, but there will come a time the malabsorption  is no longer there and then all the food you eat will be just like it was before surgery, just your stomach will be smaller.  This is the time to develop the lifetime habits and tools you will need.  Don't assume you have 18 month to two.years, your malabsorption could stop as soon as a year, so then where will you be?  Call this tough love, but the one thing we  want is to see our fellow OH posters succeed on this journey.  Only you can do this and get back on program ASAP.  I wish you the best.  114 pounds lost is nothing to sneeze at so I applaud you for doing that!  You can do this.  Jane

illinois Gama D.
on 8/20/13 1:32 am

I could not have said it any better, thank you Jane, To The OP, YOU CAN DO IT, NEW MANTRA, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN & WILL DO THIS.  .......... Denise

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

JaneJetson60
on 8/20/13 1:57 am, edited 8/20/13 1:57 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Oh gosh Denise you are a dear friend!!!  You have helped me through your posts and we don't want failure for these people but they have to be the one to do it in the end.  You have YEARS of experience to share so everything you post is the truth! 

To the OP, know that you have to use that mantra Denise posted, I CAN DO THIS, I CAN DO THIS!    Jane

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/20/13 1:56 am

If you don't want to cook how about grabbing a better snack? Cashews, although healthy, are VERY high in fat, and a bag of chips?

As you get further out you will be able to eat larger quantities of food. Take this time and get used to eating healthier foods. That snack size bag of chips will soon turn into half a bag.

You are worth this!!!

JaneJetson60
on 8/20/13 2:31 am, edited 8/20/13 2:31 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Right on, ToNewBeginnings!!!  kiss

KathyS28
on 8/20/13 5:40 am - MA

thanks ladies

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?