PRe op nightmare?

Melpear
on 8/21/13 8:46 am - Lawton, OK

I have posted before I am having Open Roux en Y, well my liquid diet starts in 3 days and my surgery is sept 3rd. And the past couple nights I have been having bad dreams like.

I am post op and really thirsty and forget that I cant drink like before and take a few big chugs of water ( it sounds silly BUt In my dream I flipped out ) and something inside me ripped.

or that I was hungry and didn't chew something enough and it was stuck and i started choking ( even tho i swallowed it)

anyone else have this or am i just a nut bag?

noftessa0401
on 8/21/13 8:55 am - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/27/12

Well, I can tell you I had nightmarish food/eating dreams before surgery, too.  And, I think you are a nut bag. 

HW: 274 | SW: 232 | CW: 137 | Goal: 145 (ticker includes a 42 pound loss pre-op) | Height: 5'4"

M1: -24 (205) | M2: -14 (191) | M3: -11 (180) | M4: -7 (173) | M5: -7 (166) | M6: -8 (158) | M7: -11 (147) | M8: -2 (145) | M9: -3 (142) | M10: -2 (140) | M11: -4 (136) | M12: -2 (134) | M13: -0 (134) | M14: -3 (131) | M15: +4 (135) | M16: +2 (137)

Melpear
on 8/21/13 12:06 pm - Lawton, OK

haha thanks! Yea I keep getting them or that I pop a stitch or something painful and scarey.!

MissK123456789
on 8/21/13 10:45 am - PA

I had no nighmarish dreams but my surgeon didn't require the special diet pre-op.  Sounds like stress to me.

Best,

Karen

Melpear
on 8/21/13 12:06 pm - Lawton, OK

yea I start a liquid diet on the 24th till the day of surgery. yea prolly stress :0)

MissK123456789
on 8/24/13 5:26 am - PA

How are you doing on that pre-op diet?  Well, I hope with no nightmares!  :)

Best,

Karen

poet_kelly
on 8/22/13 1:53 am - OH

Even if you guzzle a ton of water you can't rip something.  It might cause discomfort.  It might not.  But you won't do any internal damage.

You won't choke if you don't chew enough.  Well, you're not more like to choke after surgery than you are now, before surgery.  RNY doesn't do anything to your esophagus.  If something gets stuck, it would be in the stoma, the opening between the pouch and small intestine.  That doesn't cause choking.  It might cause some discomfort.  It would usually pass in time.  If it doesn't, your surgeon may need to do an endoscopy and go down your throat (they sedate you first) into the pouch to remove it.  But that is not at all common.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Melpear
on 8/22/13 2:58 am - Lawton, OK
Oh I know like I said it was just weird bad dreams. I had another that I sat up and popped stitches on my belly and my.insides fell out lol. I know its all pretty ridiculous but when I'm dreaming.it.I'm terrified. Then I wake up and I'm like wtf mel is wrong.with your head!? Also this does not help about my nervousness about being fully under sedation either.I have had 2 c sections but ur awake for them and oral surgery where I was awake but that's it. Ugh just nerves I'm sure
SteveWebb
on 8/24/13 6:22 am - NC

I dreamed awhile back that I was walking through the woods and came upon an old black man picking poke salad and I stopped to help him pick it.  Don't know what that meant either but I woke up and thought it was funny.  It was one of those in living color dreams.  You're probably just nervous, I bet you'll do just fine.  Just don't eat the poke salad to soon. LOL

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 133 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics