Question about liquid pain meds

alleyoop
on 8/24/13 1:33 am
RNY on 08/20/13

I had surgery on Tues morning and still am having some pain. My dr gave me a prescription for liquid pain meds and while those work, I hate feeling out of it. Did anyone use children's liquid Tylenol? Did you have a problem with the sugar in it? My husband has been to 6 different pharmacies looking for SF liquid Tylenol but they apparently don't make it anymore. 

Suggestions??

"what's inside is more important than what's outside. people will forget a pair of tacky shoes but they won't forget a tacky heart." sophie hudson

Jacob H.
on 8/24/13 1:44 am, edited 8/24/13 1:45 am - CA

use extra strength rapid release tyelenol, and crush up the pill into a fine powder then mix with water, or you can let it dissolve in your mouth, but that doesn't taste very good, but it does work better

alleyoop
on 8/24/13 1:52 am
RNY on 08/20/13

Thank you!

"what's inside is more important than what's outside. people will forget a pair of tacky shoes but they won't forget a tacky heart." sophie hudson

poet_kelly
on 8/24/13 1:49 am - OH

I just took regular adult tylenol.  Is there some reason you need a liquid?  I don't know how much sugar is in children's tylenol or if it might be enough to cause a problem.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

alleyoop
on 8/24/13 1:52 am
RNY on 08/20/13

I'm supposed to crush pills or take liquid for 6 weeks...per my surgeon's guidelines. 

AllyMomof3
on 8/24/13 3:50 am - Lamar, MO
RNY on 08/21/13
I had my surgery on Wednesday and the doctor released me Thursday on pain pills. I have not had any problem on them.

Starting Weight: 357 Surgery Weight: 312 Goal Weight 157 Surgery date August 21, 2013 Current Weight 302    

junebug13
on 8/24/13 9:35 am
Oh my goodness!!
I had surgery a week ago and took the children's Tylenol the first night I was home!!
Take my advice! Crush the regular pills!
I thought my guts were going to bust loose!!
I was up all night between the gas pains and the rumbling!
Thank god I put 2 and 2 together the next morning and switched to crushing the Tylenol. Felt much better by noon that day.
Good luck!

quiltpainter
on 8/24/13 9:50 pm - CT

I took the jr strength tylenol rapid release tabs. Luckily I never needed the stronger liquid pain medicine I was prescribed.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 450 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views