Can You Feel Your Pouch?

jackietex
on 8/25/13 10:23 am
After you have eaten, can you feel your pouch? If you could, where would it be and what would it feel like?

Lap RNY February 15, 2012
Starting weight 195 (ht. 4'10)
Surgery weight 178.5
Current weight 113

averybyrd
on 8/25/13 10:41 am

I can't. I just stop eating. Every once in a while, I'll drink protein shakes too quickly and feel vaguely sick, but that's about as much as I feel it.

poet_kelly
on 8/25/13 10:54 am - OH

I guess I feel my pouch about as much as I felt my stomach before my RNY.  If I eat a whole lot, I have discomfort in a specific part of my abdomen, which is probably where my pouch is.  But most of the time, no, I don't feel my pouch or any of my other internal organs.  I mean, I can't really feel my liver or spleen or pancreas, either.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 8/25/13 11:04 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Exactly!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Tracy13
on 8/25/13 10:56 am - WV

When I drink something really cold I can feel it going into my pouch. I just notice this now because I use to notice how it traveled down into my stomach so now the journey is much shorter I guess lol.  

HW- 405 (January 2011)

6/20/13 Surgery Day-374

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/25/13 11:30 am - OH

I only feel it if I drink something very hot or very cold.

Your pouch is up under your ribcage on the left side.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

illinois Gama D.
on 8/25/13 12:13 pm

I never felt pouch, but now that I had half remnant stomach removed I feel pain there.......

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

VintageChick
on 8/25/13 1:05 pm

I feel a fullness in my lower chest after just a few bites. I've forgotten twice and not chewed well enough and I definitely felt it... PAIN. I've adjusted to where chewing well is second nature now. I also feel it when having my first few sips of fluid for the day. It's not painful but neither is it pleasant. I'm a bit over 3 months and hope that goes away. Otherwise I don't feel any different than before surgery. 

lap RNY 5-15-13

Maggie May
on 8/26/13 1:33 am
RNY on 08/21/13

Yes, I can feel it. I kept pressing on it in the hospital last week and asking the doctor why it hurt so much, He said that's your pouch. I was shocked, I never imagined it would be up so high or off center to the left. 

Maggie May 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/26/13 11:10 am, edited 8/26/13 11:11 am - OH

You cannot physically press on your pouch because it is up under your ribcage...  The area you were pressing on was tender because that general area gets pretty beat up during the surgery.  Not sure why your surgeon would tell you that you were actually pressing on your pouch itself...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 385 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 170 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics