I MADE APPT. WITH MY SURGEON ON SEPT.13 THAT DID MY GASTRIC BYPASS

IM HOPING IM OK THAT I DIDNT MESS UP MY TOOL 

IM HOPING HE IS NOT MAD AT ME..BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND IF HE IS

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME  ...PLEASE THIS WOULD B A BLESSING

THANK U

DAWNIE55

poet_kelly
on 9/2/13 2:38 am - OH

Your surgeon shouldn't be mad at you.  I'm sure he's had other patients that struggled.  His job is to help you get back on track.

You probably haven't damaged your tool.  You just need to make better choices.

Where have you been going wrong?  Do you know how many calories you've been eating?

How about starting by cleaning out the kitchen, getting rid of anything you don't want to be eating, and then going shopping and stocking up on healthy stuff?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dawnie55
on 9/2/13 3:02 am - Garden Grove, CA

good morning Poet_kelly

YES I NEED TO MAKE BETTER CHOICES

I STARTED COUNTING CALORIES

AND GETTING IN MY PROTEIN .

AND I KNOW I CANT JUST STOP THIS IS MY NEW LIFE

BUT I DID STOP ...IM GOING TO CLEAN EVERYTHING OUT

AND RESTOCK WITH BETTER CHOICES FOR FOOD

poet_kelly
on 9/2/13 3:02 am - OH

That's a good place to start.

Taking it one step at a time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dawnie55
on 9/2/13 3:04 am - Garden Grove, CA

THANK U

TAKING IT ONE STEP AT A TIME

PetHairMagnet
on 9/2/13 3:24 am
RNY on 05/13/13

The person most able to help you is likely your nutritionist, not the surgeon. Surgeons cut, they don't counsel or guide.

You might also want to seek a therapist to deal with the issues that are causing you distress and learn new, healthier ways to deal with your needs in life. When you are hurt, angry, happy, excited, celebratory, sad, alone, stressed...you DO need a way to address those feelings, just not with food.

Be sure that the results are not only sent to your PCP, but your surgeon as well from the lab work you had done.

Get a journal, WRITE THINGS DOWN, and keep track of what triggers you and then set some mini-goals along the way. If you need to lose say 50 lbs, that is a lot to do without any interim 'yay' going on. Set a goal to lose 5%, then 10% and so forth and find NON FOOD ways to celebrate the wins on your path.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Laura in Texas
on 9/2/13 4:11 am

My surgeon told me he wants to see me if I ever have a problem with regain. Even if it's just 10 pounds he said to come in. My surgeon is awesome. I would definitely go see him if I ever ran into problems.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

PetHairMagnet
on 9/2/13 7:43 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying she should not see her surgeon, but that the person who is going to work with her and strategize on meals and trigger food avoidance is not the surgeon, but the nutritionist or an eating disorder therapist. I cannot imagine any surgeon having the skills and additional training to provide that additional support or, quite frankly, the concentrated time. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

BWB
on 9/2/13 3:52 am

This is not judge mental but a personal question I have is what kind of pre op diet were you on?  I am wondering if the liver reduction diet has benefits for the long term because it gives us practice with new limits and self discipline.  It made me realize that I could live on less food and eliminate the junk.

Member Services
on 9/2/13 4:00 am - Irvine, CA

Many members struggle at times, don't give up.  You have faced the issues and are making plans to get back on track, these are good things.  You can do this.

Here is an article that we hope may be of some help:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/mind-matters-dont-stress -to-eat-less/

Best wishes.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views