It's official...

jabofa
on 9/3/13 11:57 am - PA
RNY on 09/24/13

Keystone First called me today and said these magic words:

" We have received a request from a Doctor David Wernsing for the gastric bypass procedure and the request has been approved."

I literally topped breathing.  I thanked the young lady for her call and simply sat for a moment.  I have spent all night trying to wrap my mind around the fact that WLS is actually going to happen.  I mean I knew it was going to happen but now...

IT IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN.

I know this sounds ridiculous but I am so stuck.  My brain is simply refusing to work. 

I know I need to start preparing myself.  I need to start buying my foods and protein.  I need to gather stuff for the hospital stay and all that good stuff.

But I am SO stuck on....OMG...this is really happening....

I am trying so hard to get myself together but I am struggling. I am terrified.  I am starting to have doubts.  I tend to be an extremist and maybe this is just another hail mary attempt on my behalf. I know I need to lose weight and keep it off as well.

Sighs...I barely ate. My stomach is in complete knots.  I tried to work out but I couldn't stay focused.  This is the first time I have been able to sit still since I got the news. 

Somebody help me!  I am going nuts here. 

Thank you in advance....

J.A.B.O.F.A. stands for: Just a breath of fresh air...

Follow my metamorphosis:  Jabofa

"Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results."

HW: 398  CW: 344  Goal: 125

April M.
on 9/3/13 12:07 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

Congratulations on your news! It will all come together. It is normal to feel nervous. I got my approval in less than a week after submitting my paperwork. I was in such denial. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak. I was never nervous until in the operating staging area the day of surgery.  I had wanted the surgery for so long, prayed for it, wished, hoped and dreamed of what it would be like to actually lose weight and feel better. Now that I am on the other side I am feeling so blessed. I don't take a single day for granted. It was hard in the beginning but as time goes on, I am learning how to live this way. I can now really see myself living like this forever. Taking my vitamins, getting my fluids and protein in. I am still struggling with exercise but I know I'll get that locked down soon. Best wishes on your journey. See you on the losers bench :)

PetHairMagnet
on 9/3/13 12:31 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

WHOO HOO FOR YOU!!!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Jewelsstevens
on 9/3/13 11:04 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Congrats!!!!

Ocalasam
on 9/3/13 11:17 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blopez579
on 9/3/13 11:21 pm
RNY on 09/11/13

I understand how you feel.  When mine was approved, my up-to-now iron stomach went into knots for a week. Then for some reason, a week later on the pre-op appointment day, I felt better. 

Till yesterday, one week till surgery.  Now, I'm second guessing which surgery I should have. Thoughts running through my head constantly..."should I call and insist I want the sleeve instead of RNY?"  "It's too late to change surgeries now"  "Trust the doctor you chose, he recommends RNY"  "RNY is too drastic" "if I call, they will postpone the surgery"...... and the more I read the boards on RNY vs Sleeve, the more undecided I am.

It's very worrisome.  Best thing to do is take deep breaths, and positive self talk. 

One step at a time.

~Barbara

deecanta
on 9/4/13 1:13 am - Miami Gardens, FL
RNY on 09/23/13

Congratulations!  This is what you have been working towards.  I found out two weeks ago and my stomach immediately became unsettled.  I can't tell you how badly...I'm always in the potty.  I've been mentally ready for seven months, or so I thought.  now I'm crying constantly...stressing about making sure the house is organized for the time I am away from the kids....logistics...all of it. I think it's normal.  On 9/10 at my pre-op orientation, it will all come to reality for me.  That's when the real count down begins. 

We are all in this together.!!!  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views