A truly appreciative thank you!

Mendie Thompson
on 9/4/13 6:22 pm - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

To all that offered prayers, thoughts and warm wishes!  My brother is going back in for surgery to remove a blood clot from his lung this afternoon, but he is still doing very well...my mom had a very long surgery, and the list of things they worked on continued to grow after they had her on the operating table.  She had a large section of her bowels removed, and she was so inflamed and scarred inside that they couldn't even find her overies to remove them during her hysterectomy.  They also didn't want her body processing anything through her colon until her reattachement has healed and the extreme inflammation has subsided, so they inserted a ileostomy bag for the next 4-5 months.  Unfortunately, she will have to endure another surgery in a few months to remove the ileostomy bag and reattach her intestines, but it will be minor in comparison to yesterday's procedures.

again, thank you all...it is amazing how just a few kind words can ease the stress in times like these.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/4/13 6:47 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I am so glad your mom made it through surgery and that your brother is receiving excellent care to address the issues from his attack.

Hugs to you and your family!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

karenp8
on 9/4/13 8:03 pm - Brighton, IL

Continuing to pray for healing for all. Thanks for the update!

auntieudee
on 9/4/13 8:17 pm - AZ
RNY on 08/13/13

This is the first I am hearing of your family's medical issues, but I am glad to hear that even though they have had to endure so much, that things are moving in a positive direction.

RNY completed on Aug. 13th, 2013

Life is good & getting better! 

Cherokeesage
on 9/4/13 8:30 pm
RNY on 02/24/12

Thanks for the update.  I'll continue to pray for your loved ones.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

kecldr3
on 9/4/13 8:58 pm
RNY on 08/14/13

I am sorry to hear about all the health issues your family has had lately.  I know dealing with health problems is hard, you don't want to see your loved one suffer.  My hopes are that your mother grows stronger each day.  I am sure she feels better already..  My prayers are with your brother and your mom for recovery, and your whole family that God will strengthen you through this time.  Best of wishes to you:)  I look forward to hearing good reports.

Tonya

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 133 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views