HELP please tmi

Melpear
on 9/8/13 10:55 am - Lawton, OK
So I had NY open roux end y on Sept 3rd the removed the cathider the end of the 4th and since I have NOT had the urge to pee at the hospital they did an ultra sound to see if I had. Full bladder and I did and I still didn't.have the urge to pee. I cab go sit on the tilet 2-3 times in 24 hrs but I have to remind myself to go to the bathroom and sit there and mY "stream" is weak and I can't seem to push .. is this normal???? I am only 27 and have had 2 c sections and cathiders both times and never had this happen
I also dribble a few times a day for no reason I am either sitting nor standing.or walking and I just leak...
I have been wearing a pad for over a week because I'm tired of having to re wash then change.my.panties and pants.
M help
angeleigh
on 9/8/13 11:09 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

As a nurse, sometime we have to do "bladder retraining" but that is only if someone has had a catheter in a long period of time. But sometimes if does happen after surgery.  Having a catheter in for long periods of time can lead to something called neurogenic bladder, leading to difficulty in urination.

"Weaning off" the foley means a gradual tapering off of the foley to help allow the bladder regain independent function (i.e. instead of simply stopping the foley, only remove it for certain hours of the day).  A regimen can be devised with your rehabilitiation doctor.  

You may want to investigate for any signs of obstruction that can lead to urinary retention.  An enlarged or inflammed prostate would be the most likely causes.  If there is no obvious cause, a cystoscopy can be considered for a more comprehensive evaluation.

If there continues to be difficulty urinating, a suprapubic catheter can be considered - this is a more permanent catheter.

These options can be discussed with your personal urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

poet_kelly
on 9/8/13 11:21 am - OH

Have you talked to your doc about this?  If not, I'd give them a call first thing in the morning.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 494 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 476 views