Goal and NSV!!!

Miss-Bumblebee
on 9/11/13 4:05 am

So I hit my goal at my 6 month post op visit !!!!  The surgeon set a goal of 150 for me but I set my own personal goal of 135 and I weighed in at 134.0 at my 6 month post op visit last week!!!!  I feel absolutely amazing and have so much more energy.  I never expected the results to happen this fast but I have working very hard and I guess the work is now proven :)

I am able to get in all my water everyday but sometimes slack on the protein a little.  I ran out of the protein powder that I really liked and picked up another one and it's not so great :(  I have to stop and get something better.  I am eating all protein and veggies and usually greek yogurt with granola and fruit or almonds for breakfast.  I get a lot of eggs in too - mostly just the whites though.  I am at the gym constantly and I am spinning quite a few times a week.

I was very tiny prior to having children and I had saved plastic bins in my parents basement with clothes - I went there yesterday and decided to take a look at what was in there and to my amazement I found tons of things that fit again!!!  I really lucked out on this because I don't have the money to keep buying clothes and every few months I'm down a few sizes. 

I'm currently wearing between a size 4 - 6 depending on the store and xs/s top - can't believe I was able to just write that!!!  I am now looking to gain some muscle - I don't want to loose much more weight - wow - can't believe I just said that too!!!

This is truly the best decision I have ever made!!!

Highest Weight: 216.8  Starting Weight:209.4

Mimisocks
on 9/11/13 4:17 am - PA
RNY on 07/08/13

angryCongrats on reaching your personal milestone!  Hoping to join you in the near future as well!

Believe in yourself and don't ever stop dreaming!

Barbara C.
on 9/11/13 4:30 am - Raleigh, NC

Congratulations on your achievements!!

Regarding your protein intake, do be sure to see about finding a protein powder you like if you need that to ensure that your protein intake meets your surgeon's recommendations. Many people are able to 'eat' their protein by the time that they are six months post op, so if you can consume your protein through normal foods and don't need the extra boost that you get with protein powders, you may be able to forgo them altogether. I know that I had quit using them by the time I was 6 months post op. I am able to get my protein quotient in as long as I consume 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks a day. As long as you lead with 2 to 3 ounces of protein or more with each meal/snack, you can probably get in the protein allotment that your surgeon suggests for you.

Wishing you continued success,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Jewelsstevens
on 9/11/13 5:02 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Congrats!!

Mz_Pretty
on 9/11/13 6:22 am, edited 9/11/13 6:23 am - Kansas City, MO
Revision on 06/25/13

Wow that is amazing! We have around the same starting weight I hope to be at goal or close at 6 mos, so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

HW 241 Revision SW 219 CW 132 GW 125  Height-4'11  

Karen R.
on 9/11/13 1:35 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

That's fantastic!  Congratulations!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?