Update and some general questions...

TopherCarter
on 9/13/13 2:53 am - Owens Cross Rds, AL
RNY on 08/21/13

Hey, guys! I haven't officially done a post R en Y update since my surgery on the 21st of August.  As of today (23 days out), I have lost a total of 53 lbs.  The majority of that was lost in the first 10 days, but I've been watching that scale move slowly down every day since.  The first 2 weeks were pretty easy-going, with the exception of the pain and discomfort you would expect from a surgery.  I was having no issues at all with getting in all the water and protein required, but i was finding it tough to fit in the recommended 3 small meals a day.  But all of a sudden last Saturday, it started becoming very difficult to get in everything I needed.  I continue to take vitamins regularly without an issue.  And I have been concentrating on fluids more than anything...I haven't hit 64 oz, but have come pretty close...but I have only been able to get about half the recommended protein.  It makes me so physically nauseous to try to get it in.  I usually get about half of what is required.  Any of you guys have the same experience? going from no problems at all, to pushing to get what you can?

Much love and thanks in advance!

Ceithlenn
on 9/13/13 3:23 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

Hey hun its so good to hear that you are recovering well. I did have the problem for a few days but switch to just doing my water based protein and have gone back to no issues. Whats great about using the water based fruit protein shakes is it counts torwards your 64 oz.  I cant seem to handle getting in the creamier shakes at this time. :(

Silverbelle69
on 9/13/13 5:22 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

Yes I had the same experience.  You sound normal and on track.  Just keep pushing to stay hydrated and get protein.  It gets better over time.   I switched from milk to water for mixing protein shakes and that seemed to help.   Hang in there

averybyrd
on 9/14/13 12:49 am

I've done the water and protein mix as well, but I don't like it as much as the creamier one. However, something like almond milk seems to work pretty well for me. It's thinner and lighter like water, but still tastes more like milk. Also, it has some protein, so you get a little extra.

Most Active
Recent Topics