Thoughts on cycling class

shedevilbecca
on 9/15/13 1:21 pm - AZ
RNY on 05/30/13

Does anyone on here go to cycling classes? I am thinking about trying it out. I am a little over three months out and down 71 pounds. I have been doing aqua and regular zumba and I am looking to try something new. Looking for opinions if you have tried it or do it. Thanks

Day_dream_believer
on 9/15/13 11:24 pm

Congratulations on your 71 pounds.  I do a cycling class 2 days a week.  I alternate with running the other 3 days.  The amount of work out you get with spinning depends totally on you and the amount of resistance that you put the bike.  That is perfect for a beginner because you can adjust the resistance for how you are feeling.  As you get stronger then you can up the resistance and it is a harder workout.  Go a little early to your first class and have the instructor show you how to set up your bike.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/16/13 10:02 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I have ridden my bike, but not done a class. If you sign up--let me know what you think!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Love2travel4
on 9/16/13 10:12 am
I say go for it! I have been spinning 2-3 times a week, 45-60 min classes for the past 2 years. Yes, it took me a long time to work up to this and I spent a lot of time "in the saddle" when the instructor said to be up! This was at nearly 300lbs too (HW was 285). I was scared to try it, but said wth!

I am returning to my first spin class on Wednesday since surgery (3 weeks out). Good luck!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views