1 week post-op Ulcer/Revision surgery

gizmo113
on 9/15/13 11:52 pm - Camby, IN

I wrote a little blog piece about my thoughts on ulcers and updating on my post-op. Anyone have ulcer problems, negative tests for H.Pylori, and have answers on why this is happening??

http://fittingmethin.blogspot.com/2013/09/my-thoughts-on-ulc ers.html

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

cajungirl
on 9/16/13 12:18 am

I think some people are just more susceptible to ulcers, even non-WLS people.  I hope the revision resolves this for you finally. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

saterry
on 9/16/13 12:26 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Any possibility of vascular necrosis? Just a thought.....see it with other organs after surgeries and extremities following injury and disease.

Arteriogram ?

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

gizmo113
on 9/16/13 12:55 am - Camby, IN

I will ask my doctor on the 24th! Thanks! I just would like an answer! :) Even if it is "it's just you and your anatomy" :)

Maggie May
on 9/16/13 4:40 am
RNY on 08/21/13

I have an ulcer at the anastomasis that is so painful I just want to die when I swallow certain things. I've had it since i was 1 week out from surgery. I'm 3 1/2 weeks out now and had an upper GI this morning to look for a fistula and we could easily see the ulcer and it's quite large. No fistula thank goodness but I really need this ulcer to heal. I'm sorry you are struggling too. Revision surgery due to ulcers is such a fear of mine. :(

Maggie May 

gizmo113
on 9/16/13 4:48 am - Camby, IN

Maggie- I will be crossing my fingers for you! That is exactly where my ulcers were- but I'm 2 1/2 years out and they tried many different other methods to resolve my ulcer issue before I got to that point. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics