bloated and other icky tidbits..

jenmcg
on 9/19/13 10:33 am - MN
RNY on 09/16/13
Today I am really bloated. I'm swollen and waddling and look pregnant....but I'm just bloated like hell and my incisions hurt.. I took 2 gas x strips, hoping to fart it out...now I'm wondering...when should I poo? Haven't gone since Sunday night...normal?
tdbull
on 9/19/13 10:43 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Maybe take some Miralax or MOM, if your surgeon allows. I take 2 Dulcolax stool softeners a day and this sometimes doesn't help, so I have to resort to Miralax.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

proudmami135
on 9/19/13 10:54 am - OH
RNY on 09/16/13

We had surgery the same day. I've yet to go to the bathroom as well. I was just telling my husband earlier when I was getting up off the couch that I felt like I was 9 months pregnant and about to pop! I have that same bloated feeling and have used some gas x strips today too. 

jenmcg
on 9/19/13 6:00 pm - MN
RNY on 09/16/13
Mom worked really well...but now that the gas is gone, my deflated tummy feels like ground hamburger. ugh. Looks like a light activity day ahead.
Danimar
on 9/20/13 1:01 am - San Antonio, TX

I had surgery on the same day as you as well, and the first few days were definitely miserable.  I had that bloated feeling and pain too.  I stuck to my walking though, and I was passing a lot of gas yesterday, so now I'm deflated.  This morning, I have diarrhea though, so I'm not sure if that's normal or not.  My doc's office said my bowels would move after about 4 days or so, so that's about on target with what they said.  I just don't remember them saying it would be diarrhea.  Is this the same for others?

ItsMyTurn
on 9/20/13 1:59 am
RNY on 08/28/13

I was bloated and gassy for at least a week after surgery. Stretching and walking helped me pass it but I never had a large expell then release it was just little by little. The gasx didnt seem to help me at all.  And as far a b/m I didnt do that for 9 days after surgery. I did a little bit of everything so I dont know what finally worked. I used Miralax, dulcolax, prunes and a collard green and strawberry smoothie concoction my daughter made then finally boom! lol

250/193/150
Heaven is where you'll be when you're okay right where you are. (Borrowed from a friend)

jenmcg
on 9/20/13 11:34 am - MN
RNY on 09/16/13
After the milk of mag, I went and got a ton of gas out..it wasn't pleasant. Today I started filling back up again. I didn't have it like this in the hospital...weird that it'****ting now. I feel like this has been a rough recovery.
Most Active
Recent Topics